[Albion] If you were Graham Potter and you were offered the Chelsea job would you take it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were Graham Potter and you were offered the Chelsea job would you take it?

• Yes, all day long

Votes: 131 35.9%
  • No, I'm staying put for now

Votes: 234 64.1%

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
True - no "here we go" yet :wink:

I can't help think this guy is a chancer. I'm sure he has good contacts but the certainty in most of his tweets is unrealistic and usually from one end of the story. It's a no-lose situation for the journalist that suckers people in.

When something's likely to happen (let's face it, this one is) say it's all but a done deal. Then you can claim you were first with the news. If you're wrong, guess what, you've got yourself another story because the club/manager/player has 'dramatically back-tracked'. And no-one will prove otherwise.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Shame they don’t have a transfer window for managers.
Nothing surprises me in football. It’s grown into a monster that devours everything in it. Seems to be immune to the realities of the real world. I await the implosion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What’s annoying me most about all this is the high % of ambivalent/negative comments from Chelsea fans who don’t think he’s got the ‘pedigree’ or experience. They are going to turn on him so fast if he has a bad run of results.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What’s annoying me most about all this is the high % of ambivalent/negative comments from Chelsea fans who don’t think he’s got the ‘pedigree’ or experience. They are going to turn on him so fast if he has a bad run of results.

Good!!

I am going to be a vindictive ******* over this :smile:

I do not wish him well, which I would not be saying if he hadn't dropped us like a hot potato just as we were entering such a fantastic phase. I am now angry about it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can I just say that I've turned on Sky Sports News and am listening to Paul Robinson. It is the most ill informed rubbish I've ever heard - if you want to raise your blood pressure tune in.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
So...this has happened so quickly, the club apparently not hesitating to give permission and even being supportive...what's the chances the club and Potter knew this was coming from Chelsea for a while and have worked together on a replacement to make it a seamless transition that works out best for everybody?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
No, because they've already achieved the highest honours, I want to prove I can do better with less.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
At BHAFC GP is left to his own devices , he does things his way left alone by TB -No interference , does he really believe Todd Boehly will do the same ? . I can see assistants and assistants to assistants being slowly introduced with a view to overseeing everything that GP does , bloody Americans thinking they understand football .

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Ironic that I'm currently playing a football management sim called "Football, tactics & Glory" on pc steam. And Chelsea have just offered me the job.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Can I just say that I've turned on Sky Sports News and am listening to Paul Robinson. It is the most ill informed rubbish I've ever heard - if you want to raise your blood pressure tune in.
Just another so called pundit that talks shite

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's difficult to argue to you wouldn't go if offered better resources, double your money and a chance to win something. That said, GP isn't stupid and I think his decision would be based on what he thinks Todd Boehly is like. He must know he is currently at a club that is exceptionally well run and that Chelsea has always been a bit of a basket case. If he thinks he can make a success of it in that structure, I am sure he will go.

From the outside, it's difficult to see him getting the support he needs when things go wrong. Tuchel won them the CL just over a year ago and has been fired. Chelsea fans will be ringing Talk Sport up every 5 minutes if their home record is anywhere near as bad as ours was last year. GP must be assured but it seems odd from where I am sat. If there is a criticism of GP it is that he doesn't like it when he gets it. He can expect plenty of it from those ********s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports