If YOU were Chairman of BHA how would you see the next 5 years

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I had a really interesting chat with a mate last night about how the next 5 years for BHA could pan out and if you Tony bloom what would you be expecting, aiming for and budgeting for.

The real interesting bit of the conversation though was imagine we go up - this season or next. What exactly is the true financial windfall of going up to the Premier League?

With all the financial challenges clubs are facing across the board, the possible changes around % of revenue for wages etc we were talking about how a chairman these days should be budgeting for promotion to the Premier League.

What are the thoughts of NSC? i hear figures of £90million, talk of parachute payments but eaclty what would the impact be of promotion, and if you were in the Albion hotseat what would you be looking to do to push the club on but continue to keep it on a sound financial footing?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd hope the club has plans at some point in the next 5 years to run at a pre-tax profit in order to start paying for the stadium.

Apart from that, I guess forays into the Premiership or into Cup competitions would be nice but as an aside to developing a strategy to maintain Championship standard football (minimum) at the Amex for the foreseeable future. Obviously this involves keeping punters coming back, training academies, and implementing a proper management structure so that the whole club doesn't fall apart when a talented manager like GP eventually walks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd hope they'd be looking to operationally break even now, the March 2013 return/accounts might be the most interesting for decades.
I'd be surprised if that was the case. Albion are like a new business, with presumably plenty of start up costs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the prize money plus TV is £39million for coming bottom. it works out roughly a million a place up from there. then what ever you make on tickets and extra shirt sale, merchandising etc from there on.

I'd be surprised if that was the case. Albion are like a new business, with presumably plenty of start up costs.

Certainly, and which may have been funded from:
£3.6m from Azure (£18m/5years)
£3.5m from the FL that each Championship club gets this season
TV money
FAC prize money
Amex taking on the AIC funding
Ticket sales - a sold out stadium every week
Merchandise
Pies, noodles, Cadbury Twirl Bites, beer etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports