Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you like Sussex cricket commentaries and have an iPhone or Android ...

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
..., especially if you don't live in Sussex, this should interest you. I found out about it via the Sussex CCC twitter feed today.

There's a (free) app called TuneIn, which carried radio stations, and they carry some feeds that have only been available on the internet until now.

There are about 20 'BBC live event' feeds. Some of them are things you can easily get on radio apps anyway, like 5live and Sports Extra. But, for example, Live Event 14 today is Sussex v Surrey at Horsham. So, even in London, I can go walkabout listening to the cricket commentary.

This seems like good news and I wanted to share it. You have not been charged for this information.

The only downside is that I can't find a lookup list of Events online - not on the BBC or TuneIn websites. Oh well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
..., especially if you don't live in Sussex, this should interest you. I found out about it via the Sussex CCC twitter feed today.

There's a (free) app called TuneIn, which carried radio stations, and they carry some feeds that have only been available on the internet until now.

There are about 20 'BBC live event' feeds. Some of them are things you can easily get on radio apps anyway, like 5live and Sports Extra. But, for example, Live Event 14 today is Sussex v Surrey at Horsham. So, even in London, I can go walkabout listening to the cricket commentary.

This seems like good news and I wanted to share it. You have not been charged for this information.

The only downside is that I can't find a lookup list of Events online - not on the BBC or TuneIn websites. Oh well.

Yep - very good - I use it for TMS as well.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
If you launch the windows media version, the live event number is embedded in the file name, should help you find it....

Good spot - not so helpful if you're out and about with an iPhone, mind.

Has this been going on for a while, then? I've used radio apps for a couple of years on phones, but not seen BBC event-specific feeds before now ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep...use it already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here