Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Pro 40 Champions

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
If you had the choice, what would you choose??

Win the pro 40 or championship survival??

I personally would go for survival in the championship. It would be nice to achieve both but if you had to choose......?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As I have said on the other thread, if this is the last ever Pro40 year then we would always be the holders so I'm undecided at the moment

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Was talking about this the other day with a couple of mates and couldn't come to an agreement.
Is winning the T20 and Pro40 worth the price of getting relegated. I said yes, they said no.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
I think that the India and the Worcester Pro 40 games are a big distraction and I don't believe the players are focused enough on Championship survival.
Having watched three days of last weeks game most of the Sussex batting resembled a 20/20 innings. We have bowlers who restrict the run rate but very little else and if we had taken all our close catching chances the result would have been different. One win, at Hove, in two seasons doesn't inspire confidence that we will beat Yorkshire

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Relegation is never good. I agree with Smiler that our current squad have forgotten how to play 4 day games. However those of us who prefer the 4 day game are in a minority so I guess most will regard this season as a success if we win the Pro 40.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
oh I thought it was the other way around, although it does seem strange that we will play 40 over matches at club level yet 50 overs at International level.

No wonder England are crap

We've been playing 50 overs matches at club level for years and England have still been crap :shrug:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The 20/20 was the most important for purely financial reasons and it will raise the profile of the club hugely. However we want to be challenging for one-day trophies while in the top division

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Survival definitely, although maybe we would be delaying the inevitable until next season.
No doubt we are looking at new bowlers for next season who may not come if we go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here