If you had a nuclear bomb...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So you think that initial response was an educated one then?

My response? Yes.

Perhaps because you feel your Geography is up to speed in knowing where Syria and Iraq are located and where you're being told IS ( or whatever name they're currently being called by) forces are currently operating?

Yes, all of the above is common knowledge and readily available to anyone with an interest.

As you were then. I've clearly misjudged the whole situation. Silly me

NP.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Pakistan
Iraq
Drop two in the middle of africa which should eradicate the continent
Turkey
I'd drop one in France on the way back aswell

Are you a relation of Hitler ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd deactivate it, open it up and plant flowers in it.

Whatever it took to find 'another way'.
Nothing has ever been accomplished by fighting fire with fire.
History has been repeating itself for thousands of years, and yet the human race has learned nothing.
All the while maintaining a sense of injustice when then next group appears and does something horrific.
At some point, someone needs to stand up and say 'you know what the metaphorical 'I' created this mess, and 'we' are going to make it right, by doing something different'.
We are going to take the power away from extreme thinkers simply by listening to and understanding the majority.

If earth were a clock, human life has been on his planet for the equivalent of one second to midnight, at the end of the year.
It's taken an almost impossible chain of events billions upon billions long to finally create humans for that last second, and yet the miracle of existence is consistently and effortlessly being thrown away.

So what if planting flowers or going on a bike ride does nothing, it's still better than the alternative, which is just killing more people in the name of a bogus righteousness.

You've been a great audience.

Peace out.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Sell it to N Korea or ISIS or whoever else will pay the most.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd give it to Hamas. Well, I wouldn't, but I'd try to convince the israelis that I had.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pakistan
Iraq
Drop two in the middle of africa which should eradicate the continent
Turkey
I'd drop one in France on the way back aswell

I'd give to Nathan Jones - I'm sure he could find somewhere to drop it.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's something of a relief that several posters on this thread are unlikely to ever have control over anything larger than a firework.

That said, I'm sure those who claim to want to hit a variety of countries are being flippant rathe than actually holding malice towards entire populations...surely?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd deactivate it, open it up and plant flowers in it.

Whatever it took to find 'another way'.
Nothing has ever been accomplished by fighting fire with fire.
History has been repeating itself for thousands of years, and yet the human race has learned nothing.
All the while maintaining a sense of injustice when then next group appears and does something horrific.
At some point, someone needs to stand up and say 'you know what the metaphorical 'I' created this mess, and 'we' are going to make it right, by doing something different'.
We are going to take the power away from extreme thinkers simply by listening to and understanding the majority.

If earth were a clock, human life has been on his planet for the equivalent of one second to midnight, at the end of the year.
It's taken an almost impossible chain of events billions upon billions long to finally create humans for that last second, and yet the miracle of existence is consistently and effortlessly being thrown away.

So what if planting flowers or going on a bike ride does nothing, it's still better than the alternative, which is just killing more people in the name of a bogus righteousness.

You've been a great audience.

Peace out.

Honourable sentiments but how would you have resolved the situation in 1945?
The European conflict was over but the Far East was still at war. The Japanese were prepared to fight to the last man, woman and child standing. The war could rage for another ten or more years, with the Japanese mainland being invaded. A whole nation of tens of millions stood to be wiped out, completely destroyed. It would have reduced Japan to a tiny peasant, farming community and the world would have been deprived of the technological giant that we see today. There was no negotiation to be had. Not with war-mongers. It would have ended with total annihilation.
The USA could foresee hundreds of thousands of its servicemen getting killed in the months/years ahead. What option did it have? Surrender was not on the agenda so something drastic had to be done to curtail the bloodshed. In times of war decisions have to be taken to sacrifice lives to achieve the ultimate goal of peace. Stalin committed millions of his own men to certain death, knowing that sheer manpower was his only answer to the Nazi war-machine. Churchill blew up the French fleet, so it wouldn't fall into Nazi hands, knowing he would kill many Frenchmen ( supposedly our allies ) and suffer wrath and indignation from all quarters.
None of us like the idea of ' sacrifice for the cause ' but if there is no other option, isn't that preferable to continued b loodshed. The USA could have dropped nuclear bombs on the Japanese mainland and the effects of that don't bear thinking about. They chose two far-outlying areas, killed approx 200,000 people and condemned many more to years of radiation sickness and death as a result.
It would have been great to have secured a ' bloodless surrender ' from the Japanese but circumstances dictated otherwise and a massive lesson was learnt by the whole world as to the frightening consequences of nuclear activity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports