Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if you had a cheap holiday. in Tunisia today would you go?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's not terrorist incident that'd stop me it's that it's a dirt hole populated by rapists serving shit food and leering at women. Rotten place.

Yep, how's the job on 'The Holiday Show' going?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's cheered me up a bit, thanks

I was in New York on 9/11, obviously had to fly home at some point and was asked countless times whether I was scared. I flew back on the first day JFK opened (2nd flight to the UK) and rationalised that airport security at that point was higher than it had ever been..........it'll be the same in Tunisia now - bigger police/security presence at anywhere vulnerable. The madmen have got what they wanted now.......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to Jasmine Hammamet 3 or 4 years ago, all inclusive. Resort was fine, lovely beach, hotel was great (a Riu), weather superb. I'd go again.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes i would go ,all the time The Ra were bombing the UK it never stopped me going anywhere or worrying about it.

This. I worked in London during the IRA bombings and 7/7.

And if you work in a large city such as London or New York, the press will always tell you how security is being stepped up (this morning it was "are America's museums safe?"), as if that will make you feel better about it.

Could happen anywhere, anytime. Life is too short to try and work out where the next attack may or may not be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We visited there a few years on a cruise and went to that museum...really impressive stuff in there. But we felt the same. Not a nice place and we had an " episode" with a trader in the souk where he ended up chasing us up the street, until my wife threatened him...would never go back there again! Last year on a holland america cruise, we were heading to Tunis when we were told to change course and head to Sicily instead as there had been specific threats made to american assets in Tunis.

That's what the British victim was doing there, visiting whilst on a cruise.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31961338

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's what the British victim was doing there, visiting whilst on a cruise.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31961338

Yes her and her husband were on the MSC Splendida...we have had a visit to that ship. It's a lovely ship. This is dreadful as the bus that was hit would have been from the ship taking tourists to see magnificent Roman and Byzantine treasures.

What is wrong with these fecking maniacs that they can walk into a building and machine gun innocent people...Q mustafa telling us it's al our own fault for being british!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I worked in London during the IRA bombings and 7/7.

And if you work in a large city such as London or New York, the press will always tell you how security is being stepped up (this morning it was "are America's museums safe?"), as if that will make you feel better about it.

Could happen anywhere, anytime. Life is too short to try and work out where the next attack may or may not be.

Absolutely, 100% this. Terrible as these things are, your actual chances of being caught up in one are statistically tiny.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can happen anywhere.

Of course it can, but why increase the odds of something terminal occurring, by heading for an Islamic country, especially one that has been feeding droves of militants into the slaughter in Iraq and Syria.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes her and her husband were on the MSC Splendida...we have had a visit to that ship. It's a lovely ship. This is dreadful as the bus that was hit would have been from the ship taking tourists to see magnificent Roman and Byzantine treasures.

What is wrong with these fecking maniacs that they can walk into a building and machine gun innocent people...Q mustafa telling us it's al our own fault for being british!
Yes, where is our resident apologist?...... stand by though, he will dream up some flimsy excuse for this slaughter, some political explanation..... he might also say that's its the fault of the west.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, where is our resident apologist?...... stand by though, he will dream up some flimsy excuse for this slaughter, some political explanation..... he might also say that's its the fault of the west.

The excuses are starting to wear very thin. Nearly every atrocity carried out by these animals is somehow attributable to the west. Its never ever the fault of a religion that is deeply flawed.......oh no cant possibly be that.
There is news that has emerged over the last 24 hours of a poor woman that was beaten to death in Kabul by a mob because she allegedly set fire to a copy of the Quaran. I have seen the uncensored footage(dont watch it),it is one of the most vile things i think i have ever seen,and i thought the cage burning was bad,its not just a few people, its an enormous mob kicking and stamping this woman to death and then screaming their snackbars in celebration. What sort of vile religious belief system can even contemplate this as some sort of justified justice.
No doubt this barbarism is the fault of the west as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The excuses are starting to wear very thin. Nearly every atrocity carried out by these animals is somehow attributable to the west. Its never ever the fault of a religion that is deeply flawed.......oh no cant possibly be that.
There is news that has emerged over the last 24 hours of a poor woman that was beaten to death in Kabul by a mob because she allegedly set fire to a copy of the Quaran. I have seen the uncensored footage(dont watch it),it is one of the most vile things i think i have ever seen,and i thought the cage burning was bad,its not just a few people, its an enormous mob kicking and stamping this woman to death and then screaming their snackbars in celebration. What sort of vile religious belief system can even contemplate this as some sort of justified justice.

Whereas the seventeen protestant martyrs burnt at the stake in Lewes...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Thanks for the nod. I will tell my wife to cancel her Koran burning, package holiday to Kabul this Ramadan and suggest she goes to Margate.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Whereas the seventeen protestant martyrs burnt at the stake in Lewes...
There you have it, western culture has moved on a tad since those times of intolerance....... A lot has changed in 500 years don't you think?...... sadly these barbaric cultures that regularly keep producing these heinous atrocities for our delight and delectation, are exactly that, still 500 years of development behind the rest of us....ignorance and savagery dressed up as culture and belief.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
I went to Bali a few months after the bombing in Kuta in 2002. We were adamant that we were still going to visit (we could have easily changed our trip as it was part of a round-the-world experience) and not let the 'terrorists win'. But in hindsight it was a very depressed place, obviously struggling to cope with recent events and the downturn in tourism. We're glad we went, but we cut the trip short.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

What an earth possessed you to watch those videos?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here