Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] If you could live anywhere ?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Somewhere warm and relaxed, with a good few pubs/bars close-by, and access to live football/sport on TV, and my wife by my side... and an executive jet on stand-by to get me to every Albion game.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Skye for me, I think - There are days when I think anywhere in the UK but the South East, then I think of the positives like being close to London, Gatwick and the countryside is okay, but I do find it a little dull.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Astounded? Really? Nick Cave, Paul McCartney and Roger Daltry are not from Sussex and I'm sure all three could choose to live anywhere in the world but they have all chosen Sussex/Brighton. In fact Mr Cave has lived in Brasil, Aus and Germany so far and seems to prefer Brighton.

In fairness, to counter your agument, there are litterally billions of people who choose not to live in Sussex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In fairness, to counter your agument, there are litterally billions of people who choose not to live in Sussex.

It's not a conscious decision though is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live ?
It depends how much money you have. With the money we have, surely we should be living where we want to live? With unlimited money, I guess things like the NHS wouldn't be so relevant, so you I'd be more happy to live abroad - but I'd still prefer England I think, so perhaps a massive pad by the Thames in central London could be nice.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
So many potentials but from where I've been: somewhere in the south of France, Tuscany, Sydney, a nice quiet seaside town in Crete, and others...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I visited Hawaii (Kauai & Honolulu) some time ago, I have never felt so comfortable anywhere else in the world. The climate was perfect the lifestyle stunning scenery the beaches and surf and Honolulu is a fantastic city 100% perfect location.
I spent a whole summer island hopping the Cyclades but Paros & Antiparos was my favourite and the island I spent the most time on and have returned a few times since for holidays.
Mylopotas beach on Ios with the Far out Cafe is fabulous too but Ios Town is another story an absolute nuthouse that not many know about.
But previous poster is correct, not sure I could live there in the winter.

Living in Ios would put me to an early grave.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I never would have left Sydney if it wasn't for the wife insisting. Still my favourite city in the world. That said could easily stay in Tokyo, Hong Kong or South of France too. Sussex wise one of those big houses in Ditchling would be nice as would a full house in Palmeira Square. Both would need lottery wins.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Aarhus, in Denmark.
2. Tokyo, Japan.
3. Atlanta, Georgia.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cairns in Australia or the Loire Valley in France.

In this country probably Looe in Cornwall.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Skye for me, I think - There are days when I think anywhere in the UK but the South East, then I think of the positives like being close to London, Gatwick and the countryside is okay, but I do find it a little dull.

Somewhere on the west coast of the Isle of Skye for me too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here