Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

• Yes!

Votes: 164 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 39.7%
  • There's not been enough polls of late, thanks for remedying that

Votes: 44 12.8%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, absolutely. We won't beat Arsenal and then lose the next nine, that win will pretty much guarantee it. We will probably be facing an Arsenal absolutely desperate for a win, mind.

Exactly this , so go for it Chris the gooners are on the ropes, knock em out.

punish::rave:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Beating Arsenal on Sunday may be enough, but I doubt we will see Locadia body surfing on the 16:30 Falmer to Brighton. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Beating Arsenal on Sunday may be enough, but I doubt we will see Locadia body surfing on the 16:30 Falmer to Brighton. :shrug:

Agreed. He needs to get post-match press out the way, particularly after such a stunning late goal to clinch all three points. He'll be on the 16:51.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes. Clearly nowhere near mathematically safe, but the psychological boost it will give will be immense.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we beat Arsenal on Sunday, then I am CERTAIN, we would pick up 4 or 5 points from our remaining 9 games and will be safe.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nope

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If and a big if to be fair, we would only need between 3-5 points to be guaranteed safety from the final 9 games. Put it this way we would be in a blinding position

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes. We'd need maybe 4 more points with Leicester, Hudds, Everton, Burnley and Palace to come. All games we could get something from.

We could be safe by the end of March if we won all three games (Arse, Everton, Leicester) but I accept that's unlikely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really difficult to predict, consecutive wins can easily bounce a team up the table, too many games, too many teams still in the mix. Expect a clearer picture as the games dry up.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If we beat Arsenal, I am so tuning in to Arsenal "Fam" TV. They'd be in proper meltdown!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. He needs to get post-match press out the way, particularly after such a stunning late goal to clinch all three points. He'll be on the 16:51.
Don't forget it is a 1:30 kickoff. He'll be on the 3:30ish.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last week's win against Swansea increased my confidence that we might well stay up; beating Arsenal would boost that confidence even further. All to the good - but please note, my confidence is that we might stay up, not that we will!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here