Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] IF there's a Christmas lockdown - would you comply?

Would you comply with a Christmas 2021 lockdown?

• yes, I'd comply.

Votes: 179 57.2%
  • no, I would not comply.

Votes: 134 42.8%

• Total voters

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Yes, my first statement was typed on error. You’re correct.
Triple Vaccinated people are not likely to become seriously ill. If there weren’t benefits from having a vaccine, we wouldn’t have it.
And not to diminish your experience, personal experience cannot make categoric conclusions in this case.

Vaccinated people are unlikely to make other vaccinated people ill enough to need hospital treatment. Is that how you would like it phrased?

It doesn’t matter how many different ways people prefer me to say it. Unvaccinated people are costing lives. Vaccinated people are unlikely to. Vaccination prevents most patient ending up in hospitals. End of.

For sure, I'm of the belief that the ongoing vaccination programme, both here and around the world, is extremely crucial. I just wanted to point out that it's certainly incorrect and worrying to me that people would think that "vaccinated people don't infect vaccinated people" (now noted that was written in error) and that "vaccinated people are not likely to make other vaccinated people ill."

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Starting to feel a bit the same.

We’re double jabbed, soon to be tripled.

We’ve complied with every lockdown.

Wear masks everywhere.

Have done everything we’ve been asked to do, and are beginning to wonder who or what we’d now be protecting by yet another lockdown, should it happen.

I get the point about not overwhelming the NHS, but - to be honest - that alarm bell has been rung numerous times in the past, and it never really happened.

If people are now just getting mild symptoms, and deaths aren’t surging, then the cynic in me starts to wonder if the only real ‘at risk’ group now is the unvaccinated.

In which case, fvck ‘em.

Apart from the small segment who medically can’t have the vaccine - whom I do care about and wish to continue protecting - those who are choosing not to take it pretty much deserve to face any consequences now. Their choice, so why should others do any more for them now.

Meanwhile life has to start going back to normal. Maybe slowly, but I’m not sure there’s widespread willingness for things to go backwards yet again.

A simple "like" is not sufficient for this most sensible post. Well said

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For sure, I'm of the belief that the ongoing vaccination programme, both here and around the world, is extremely crucial. I just wanted to point out that it's certainly incorrect and worrying to me that people would think that "vaccinated people don't infect vaccinated people" (now noted that was written in error) and that "vaccinated people are not likely to make other vaccinated people ill."

Do have a look at the links I posted if you have time. Peer reviewed, published and interesting.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
The government is full of liars, fools, snouts deep in the trough self-seeking second jobbers & hideous narcissists. They are not to be trusted and do not adhere to their own random rules. We'll have to make our own minds up re what is sensible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If I was the government I would avoid any further restrictions, but mandate viruses for over 50's as there is evidence that the unvaccinated over 50's are what is causing this strain on the NHS. This sounds hypocritical, but it's not as I would have voluntarily been vaccinated at the earliest opportunity if I was that age.

tell that to a couple of teachers i know of, anti-vaxxers in their 30s end up very ill in hosptial with covid. unvaccinated you'll be a spreader when you catch it, its so damn irresponsbile to carry on like it doesnt matter if you dont have the vaccine.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Yes. However, there are only so many “wait and see”’s our economy can survive. Not to mention those with cancer and other medical needs with potentially long lives ahead of them that are being sidelined in order to minimally prolong the lives of 90 year olds with Covid.

My wife is 60 and has cancer and we both feel her life could be extended if people could do as they are asked at this time (won’t be a Christmas lockdown). With that in mind, please don’t use other people’s health issues to make your point.

And yes, I realise this can’t go on forever, but to be fair this disease is still in its infancy and needs to be given our full attention or we will never get out of this cycle.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
:shrug:

I'm on the fence. I'm unvaccinated and don't really mind what restrictions come into place this winter for me as long as it's only for the winter. I'll be furious if they mandated a vaccine for me though, would even protest and make things as difficult as possible for them.

The problem the government has in the vaccine push is that the demographic that they desperately need to get vaccinated, over 40's, aren't often the same group that spend a lot in hospitality, eg. students, young professionals.

If I was the government I would avoid any further restrictions, but mandate viruses for over 50's as there is evidence that the unvaccinated over 50's are what is causing this strain on the NHS. This sounds hypocritical, but it's not as I would have voluntarily been vaccinated at the earliest opportunity if I was that age.

That's a bit harsh.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

I'm on the fence. I'm unvaccinated and don't really mind what restrictions come into place this winter for me as long as it's only for the winter. I'll be furious if they mandated a vaccine for me though, would even protest and make things as difficult as possible for them.

The problem the government has in the vaccine push is that the demographic that they desperately need to get vaccinated, over 40's, aren't often the same group that spend a lot in hospitality, eg. students, young professionals.

Right, we’ve got it, you don’t want the vaccine, which at present is your choice, but stop keep trying to get others to take what should be EVERYBODY’S responsibility, and not just those YOU think might, helping negate your need to be responsible.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Except of course the NHS is on it's knees. Having to cope with yet another surge of covid patients, lack of staff and still trying to deal with the backlog of non covid issues.

Is there a surge?

Yes there are people going in, but it seems pretty flat - I haven’t looked this week is the caveat to this.

Jan 30, 2008

Just roll up your sleeve and get jabbed the minority like yourself are making a rod for their own backs .it's your choice I know but I have no sympathy for any restrictions imposed on you .

Regards
DF

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Does being vaccinated decrease the chance you would pass the virus on?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Except of course the NHS is on it's knees. Having to cope with yet another surge of covid patients, lack of staff and still trying to deal with the backlog of non covid issues.

The NHS is ALWAYS on its knees and always will be until it is replaced by a system that works.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I would use my common sense. Keep the numbers low, ensure everyone tests on the day, don’t overdo the close contact and keep the room well ventilated in line with the science.

Which, annoyingly, is the approach Johnson and his crooked cronies want so they can avoid the blame for anything. Trouble is, everyone’s ideas are different and common sense doesn’t seem to be that common.

What I definitely won’t be doing at any point is deciding that just because Johnson is a selfish prick, I have to behave like one too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would use my common sense. Keep the numbers low, ensure everyone tests on the day, don’t overdo the close contact and keep the room well ventilated in line with the science.

Which, annoyingly, is the approach Johnson and his crooked cronies want so they can avoid the blame for anything. Trouble is, everyone’s ideas are different and common sense doesn’t seem to be that common.

What I definitely won’t be doing at any point is deciding that just because Johnson is a selfish prick, I have to behave like one too.

This, This and This.

I will be taking what I consider to be proper precautions for myself, my family and the rest of society, which will more likely be more stringent than anything that complete waste of air and his cronies believe will be profitable to them and recommend this Xmas :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
This, This and This.

I will be taking what I consider to be proper precautions for myself, my family and the rest of society, which will more likely be more stringent than anything that complete waste of air and his cronies believe will be profitable to them this Xmas :thumbsup:

Exactly this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here