• Green

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • other

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He is a lying self serving dick who I’m happy has gone but you carry on believing Starmer will be the Messiah. He might be, wonder if we’ll find out :wink:

Did I say I’m not a fan ???

There you go jumping to your pre-determined conclusions :facepalm:

Just because I think the current swivel eyed cabal masquerading as a Government are the worst in my lifetime, doesn't necessarily mean that I think Starmer is 'the Messiah', just as I didn't think Jeremy Corbyn was 'the messiah'.

I understand that you struggle with that concept and I'm really not trying to make you look foolish, but maybe you should look up how many political parties and independents stood at the last General Election :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There you go jumping to your pre-determined conclusions :facepalm:

Just because I think the current swivel eyed cabal masquerading as a Government are the worst in my lifetime, doesn't necessarily mean that I think Starmer is 'the Messiah', just as I didn't think Jeremy Corbyn was 'the messiah'.

I understand that you struggle with that concept and I'm really not trying to make you look foolish, but maybe you should look up how many political parties and independents stood at the last General Election :wink:

I’ve said a few times that I am not into politics in a big way so yes I will come across as a dingbat often. Your obsession with thinking I’m a Johnson fan is annoying though. His only saving grace is charisma

I think it’ll be in the interest of those of you who are so knowledgeable on this that I butt out and let you have meaningful exchanges :smile:

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think you may be over estimating her skill set ! Let's hope it's better than her geography.

You said you won't Tory again. How about giving Liz a reasonable chance before making a statement like that.?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You said you won't Tory again. How about giving Liz a reasonable chance before making a statement like that.?

Because he still has 20 months of shit to endure from his last deal with the devil. And now Brexit is done, he doesn't need to renew it :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve said a few times that I am not into politics in a big way so yes I will come across as a dingbat often. Your obsession with thinking I’m a Johnson fan is annoying though. His only saving grace is charisma

I think it’ll be in the interest of those of you who are so knowledgeable on this that I butt out and let you have meaningful exchanges :smile:

It's really not an obsession, it's just that in your first post you said you voted for him :shrug:

And since when has any sort of knowledge been a pre-requisite for posting on NSC ? Fill yer boots :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I said I wouldn't vote Tory next time not again. Regardless, I've seen what an utterly useless Foreign Secretary Truss was so I suspect she won't be any better as PM. I actually think she'll be worse than Johnson. Regardless, the Tories don't deserve to win the next election after all the lies and corruption.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pitt the Elder.

Mainly because he is dead so can't do any more damage than the current shower.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Any party that would support proportional representation.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd not be voting, I am not a political animal but I haven't listened to one who inspires me so it would be like sticking a tail on the donkey whilst wearing a blindfold from my perspective.

I have no doubts whatsoever that Starmer would win though. I have always voted Conservative but thought Blair was probably the right man at the time, so did waiver. I find Starmer so bland and smug that there is absolutely no way I could vote for his party. I found his behaviour during covid and partygate offensive and not vaguely inspiring :shrug:

How did you find Johnson's behaviour during covid and partygate?

D

Deleted member 2719

Our MP is the deeply repulsive Helen Olivia Bicknell Whately. I'd dearly like to see her dispatched into outer oblivion in the next GE, but the locals down here will likely give her a big X as part of their 'Backing Boris' agenda.

Yes, yes, I know :facepalm:

Helen Whately sent me a letter.:love:

She's lovely.

I would be happy to put lead in her box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How did you find Johnson's behaviour during covid and partygate?

Shit, but I found Starmer childish and lacking in any gravitas in his role as a shadow PM. It seems that not being as bad as Johnson in that he’s not a liar or dishonest makes him electable. The bar is set very low in politics these days

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shit, but I found Starmer childish and lacking in any gravitas in his role as a shadow PM. It seems that not being as bad as Johnson makes him electable to some

Funny thing is, I don’t think that’s naturally Starmer. A dignified bloke.

A few months into Covid, advisors and the likes of Rayner/Lammy pushing him into becoming bitchy and sarcastic. Starmer was getting pelters from angry types to ditch consensus politics in the crisis.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Labour is back to the centre left so I would vote for a change.

I don't care if the leader has tremendous charisma like Boris Johnson. That worked well in the end.

Agree, every time I hear people criticising Starmer for his “lack of personality” I think back to the snooker player “boring” Steve Davis. Apparently lacked personality (he didn’t) - but was a pretty darn good snooker player... Personality isn’t everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here