Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Setanta or someone apart from Sky

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Offered Championship and League 1/2 live matches a few times a week

1) would you subscribe ( assuming you don't already)

2) Would you give up subscribing to Sky Sports?

I would definitely subscribe to Setanta, I have already got rid of Sky

I'd be much more inteersted in seeing live games featuring our immediate rivals than watching the Premiership, Match of the Day is all I'm interested in watching of the Premiership.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have Setanta and they are only interested in the premiership.I would much rather be given a choice though.I'm only interested in matches outside the premiership and it would be great if they could dedicate a sports channel to respresent each divison.I would sign up today if you had that choice.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hopefully it doesn't happen, think how many games we would get moved. 3pm Saturday all the way.

And how much money those struggling clubs would recieve which is more important then kick off times.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully it doesn't happen, think how many games we would get moved. 3pm Saturday all the way.

I actually prefer midweek evening games at Withdean but I'd agree I wouldn't like midday kickoffs on a weekend. Not sure I'd be too bothered by late Saturday or 4 or 6pm games on a Sunday

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I actually prefer midweek evening games at Withdean but I'd agree I wouldn't like midday kickoffs on a weekend. Not sure I'd be too bothered by late Saturday or 4 or 6pm games on a Sunday

Thats only because of the atmosphere.When Falmer is built you will love those saturday matches again.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thats only because of the atmosphere.When Falmer is built you will love those saturday matches again.

I've forgotten what a good atmosphere is at home on a Saturday :lol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Didn't ITV Digital go tits up because they offered this?

Indeed they did.

Turned out that lower league football was nowhere near as big a draw as premiership football and subscription figures were truly embarrassing.

The only reason Sky exists today is because they controversially outbid ITV for the rights to Premiership matches, without which they would have certainly gone bankrupt (Source = The Football Business: Fair game in the 90's? by David Conn)

Whilst I would love to see The Albion on the telly more often than the very occasional Sky game (which I'd have to go round a mate's or to the pub to watch anyway as I'm not a subscriber) I can't pretend I'd happily pay money for access to see games from all the lower leagues because I just wouldn't watch it anywhere near enough.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i read somewhere that ITV digital paid so much for an irrelavant game it would have been cheaper to have a limo go to each viewers house, take them there and put them in a hotel over night!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i read somewhere that ITV digital paid so much for an irrelavant game it would have been cheaper to have a limo go to each viewers house, take them there and put them in a hotel over night!!

From memory they had a PPV conference game that about three people paid for, probably that one!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
From memory they had a PPV conference game that about three people paid for, probably that one!

may well be! the match in question was i beleive a game at the end of the season with both teams not being in a promotion/relagation fight.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I love watching my beloved Tottenham on Sky Sports week in week out, and if i miss it, i watch it on MOTD!

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
depending on cost (obviously) i definitely would. cant get to withdean really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here