Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Scotland votes yes, should Cameron resign ?

If Scotland votes for independence, should Cameron resign?

• Yes

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.1%
  • Who is this Cameron of whom you speak ?

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cameron is just the front man for the gang of businessmen who are now running the UK. They just trot out the same tired line that Labour caused the ( Worldwide ) economic collapse and that we are "all in it together " but, if we want to " work hard and get on " then the Tories will help us do it. Unfortunately,for most of us, this involves working harder for less money and less public services while the rich get richer and small businessmen can exploit a rich pool of cheap labour.

We are stuck with Cameron because he is the acceptable face of conservatism ( i.e. he is just acceptable to the Tory grandees) but he is no politician, he is just a bland PR who can front up and take the blows defending the Governments cut cut cut agenda. He can't be blamed for " losing " Scotland as he has no coherant policy anyway. In fact he seems to have no coherant policy on anything as he is not a conviction politician driven with the desire or the policies to change Britain.

Thanks for that.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Cameron is just the front man for the gang of businessmen who are now running the UK. They just trot out the same tired line that Labour caused the ( Worldwide ) economic collapse and that we are "all in it together " but, if we want to " work hard and get on " then the Tories will help us do it. Unfortunately,for most of us, this involves working harder for less money and less public services while the rich get richer and small businessmen can exploit a rich pool of cheap labour.

We are stuck with Cameron because he is the acceptable face of conservatism ( i.e. he is just acceptable to the Tory grandees) but he is no politician, he is just a bland PR who can front up and take the blows defending the Governments cut cut cut agenda. He can't be blamed for " losing " Scotland as he has no coherant policy anyway. In fact he seems to have no coherant policy on anything as he is not a conviction politician driven with the desire or the policies to change Britain.

Soooooo, if that is the situation, then looking at the UK as a business, getting rid of the non-profit making branches is the best deal for the shareholders......look out wales & NI you are next inline for the "independance vote"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

actually, that's a fair point. but you say it as if its bad. less policy mean less change and new unnecessary law, for sake of being seen to do something.

He's in deep shit - ironic though that it won't the slowest recovery in history or the bedroom tax that will do for him, but this. He is head of the Conservative and Unionist party after all, so he's even ****ed up the name of his political party.

The Telegraph are reporting that a group around Sajid Javid are plotting a coup - and that's likely if we get a yes. Remember, the Tories are utterly ruthless in getting rid of crap leaders.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I voted YES but he won't have the grace to resign , doesn't really matter though as the Tories will find a stalking horse to oust him. It wont particularly bother him because he'll be able to continue in politics once elevated to the House of Lords or earn millions like Tony Blair giving speeches around the world.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If it a YES vote then logistically then uncoupling the union will be a long, arduous and costly process for Middle England, and the finger will be pointed at Cameron for this happening on his watch.

I think he'll feel he's committed to seeing out his 5-year term and not quitting, and he'll feel as though he'll want to be PM with a Tory majority - that could happen in 2015, and it could also happen in 2016 if there has to be a General Election when the Scottish MPs leave the chamber. The shit over independence won't hit the fan until 2016, and life could get very tricky for him there after - the difference there is that the Scottish Referendum was partly of his own making while the economic sh1t sandwich he was handed in 2010 was NOT of his making.

As for pressure coming from within his own party, if it was the other Miliband or a heavyweight politician like Blair in charge of Labour they might panic now but Red Ed doesn't pose the same threat. And there isn't an obvious candidate to take over from Cameron unless he and Boris come to an arrangement.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why would he? If it ends up being a Yes vote than it's no more the fault of Cameron than it would be all due to Salmond.

Even with all the campaigning that has been going on I find it very hard to believe that any 'die-hards' from either side will have shifted their allegiance and, as for the floating voters, from the interviews I've read/seen/heard, very few seem to be basing their decision on anything either campaign has said or done. If that is the case, what more, exactly, can any one individual have done to change minds, PM or not?

Also, for the sake of reference, I would say that, if anywhere, I lean more to the left (uneven shoes you see).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why should he? If the people of Scotland can't see beyond a protest vote against the Tories and a vote for the good or not of their country what has that to do with Cameron (like him or not).

Latest poll out tonight gives some respite for Cameron, rumour it's back to 5-point lead for No

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Latest poll out tonight gives some respite for Cameron, rumour it's back to 5-point lead for No

Scottish people waking up to the reality of what a yes vote would mean?
Finally realising that they shouldn't vote yes as a protest to Westminster?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Scottish people waking up to the reality of what a yes vote would mean?
Finally realising that they shouldn't vote yes as a protest to Westminster?

The figures from this particular opinion poll haven't changed since the last time they did one. Survation carried out the poll for the Daily Record , a Labour supporting red top. More interesting will be the polls from YouGov , ICM and Panelbase at the weekend and the final polls the night before the referendum from YouGov and Ipsos/Mori.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes

will go down in history who was a weak leadership who led to the break up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Absolutely not. He has done the decent thing and offered Scotland the chance to go it alone. I suspect he would call a vote of confidence which and then be supported by the main parties.

Forget party politics, the last 30 years has seen England and Scotland diverge in their political landscapes. England is firmly in the free market camp while Scotland is very much left of centre and this needed to be recognised.

If they do vote Yes it is no one's fault, but an idea whose time has come.

I do think it is time for the English Devolution debate to begin though.

For the record I am a strong Labour supporter and ex-council candidate.

Absolutely not. He has done the decent thing and offered Scotland the chance to go it alone. I suspect he would call a vote of confidence which and then be supported by the main parties.

Forget party politics, the last 30 years has seen England and Scotland diverge in their political landscapes. England is firmly in the free market camp while Scotland is very much left of centre and this needed to be recognised.

If they do vote Yes it is no one's fault, but an idea whose time has come.

I do think it is time for the English Devolution debate to begin though.

For the record I am a strong Labour supporter and ex-council candidate.
Fair enough but as a Labour supporter you won't get a say. If Cameron loses the union, his reputation will be in the Eden-Chamberlain category as someone who has disgraced Tory values (to whit, keeping the realm united). He will be annihilated by his own.
It's on a knife edge - and the irony is Tory unionists have no more say - its down now to the right and left wings of Old Labour to move the small percentages - that's Gordon Brown and George Galloway. If there is a union in 8 days's time -it will be down to the efforts of these two men, rightly or wrongly

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Fair enough but as a Labour supporter you won't get a say. If Cameron loses the union, his reputation will be in the Eden-Chamberlain category as someone who has disgraced Tory values (to whit, keeping the realm united). He will be annihilated by his own.
It's on a knife edge - and the irony is Tory unionists have no more say - its down now to the right and left wings of Old Labour to move the small percentages - that's Gordon Brown and George Galloway. If there is a union in 8 days's time -it will be down to the efforts of these two men, rightly or wrongly

If they vote for Independence that could mean a country without nuclear weapons, no House of Lords and proportional representation in Parliament. I might move there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If they vote for Independence that could mean a country without nuclear weapons, no House of Lords and proportional representation in Parliament. I might move there.

be interesting to see how many English left wingers do take the opportunity to head north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here