Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If only

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
we had Adkins from the start.....

League Managers Association

Would have made for a much more exciting finish, I feel as soon as you cemented promotion you took your foot off the gas, not that I can blame you.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
There's not doubt we took our foot off the gas after Walsall, and the last four matches were fairly meaningless to us. Had we needed to, I think we could easily have gained seven or eight points rather than the two we managed.

It's all very well saying you'd have given us more of a challenge if you'd had Adkins from the start, and it's probably true, but if we'd had something to play for at the end, we'd have reached 100 points. Of that I am sure, so I don't think you're challenge would have been good enough.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
You didn't - this was tedious in April, it's tedious in July.

Those statistics are meaningless. Is Russell Slade better than Harry Redknapp? No.

:yawn:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stupid argument though really, we could say the same about the previous season. If we'd shown the same form for the first half as we did once Poyet arrived, we'd have made the play offs.

If Huddersfield hadn't lost nine in the first half of the season just gone they'd have gone up instead of you.

The season runs from August to May :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Adkins was manager from the beginning of the season it would have been more interesting with 2 teams finishing within a few points of each other (Brighton 100 , Southampton 97)

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Interesting to note that Adkins is classified as a Championship manager and Gus only League One !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting to note that Adkins is classified as a Championship manager and Gus only League One !

Did Adkins start the season at Scunthorpe?.Perhaps thats why.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
we had Adkins from the start.....

League Managers Association

Would have made for a much more exciting finish, I feel as soon as you cemented promotion you took your foot off the gas, not that I can blame you.
If only we hadn't pissed the league so easily because every other team in it (including Southampton) were utter shite it would have made the last couple of months of the season much more interesting. It DID get a bit boring TBH and as you say it would have made it a bit more interesting if at least one other team had been good enough to give us a run for our money, but there you go. I'm sure you'll be better next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you'd had Adkins from the start of the season, you would have had a prize CJTC for a manager for a whole season, be thankful you only had him for part of it.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
as Pauline Fowler was fond of saying, if ifs and ands were pots and pans we'd have no need for tinkers.....

That table is complete nonsense though, isn't it? Is anyone really trying to suggest that Roberto Manicini, with the millions available to him at City, did better than Paul Lambert at Norwich? Or, for that matter, that Lee Clark, who failed to get Huddersfield promoted despite having a massive budget by League One standards, did better than Lambert?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here