Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Only Dick Knight Had Tony Bloom's Money

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Given our resources at the time we over achieved significantly under Dick's chairmanship whilst at Gillingham / Withdean. Now that could have been down to luck but given the time period we did it over I would suggest it was down good leadership from the top.

Given our current resources now we are significantly underachieving under Bloom's chairmanship. This could again be down to luck but again I would suggest it is down to poor leadership from the top. And for those who think Bloom must be a astute businessman and so must be better a running a football club, please present some evidence of his business acumen and also consider whether football clubs follow the traditional business model (they don't).

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Having spent more time on NSC in the last few days than maybe the last couple of years I can see what people mean about the infighting and sneering! I for one am certainly not 'bitter' that I'm 'just a fan again' and can get on with the rest of my life without endless meetings, campaigns etc. I'm bloody happy, and have no intention of getting involved again. I want the best for the club as I always did, but it's up to a new generation now, as I've said on another thread. But this sneering at Dick and the activists who fought to save the club is beyond belief, and could only happen on an anonymous message board.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's incredibly poor form to start rewriting the Dick Knight history books. The man got rid of Archer, got us back to Brighton and headed an operation that won back to back trophies on a shoestring. That can never be undone. And however much money Tony Bloom may have the Albion currently change manager more often than I buy a new suit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here