Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Leicester can win the league then why not us ? That’s Mwepu saying it not me…

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Knob jockey? ???

Edit: Love the auto correct, but I doubt people will get the reference :lolol: Maybe if I put 'HB&B', or does that have the same effect?

I put highly respected. If it was Timothy I would have put "board idiot".

(It was Paul Hayward)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the correction! I truly believed he had scored more prolifically than that.

The media seems to suggest that the top strikers score in every game and that 20 a season strikers are so ten a penny, it defies belief that Brighton haven't found at least a couple. To paraphrase Nick Ross, 'Top goalscorers really are very rare. So, defenders, don't have nightmares'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are quite a few similarities between us now and Leicester then - dominant keeper in Sanchez (Schmeichel), midfield general in Caicedo (Kante), experienced centre-backs in Dunk, Veltman (Morgan / Huth).

The key difference is they scored 68 goals and 60% of those came from Vardy / Mahrez. Those two averaged more than a goal a game between them, while back-up strikers Okazaki and Ulloa bagged 11 Prem goals. Conceivably, Trossard, Welbeck and Undav could replicate Mahrez, Okazaki and Ulloa's 28 goals, we just need Jamie Vardy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I put highly respected. If it was Timothy I would have put "board idiot".

(It was Paul Hayward)

Yeah, I know – I remember him saying it. I'm not sure the other respected at all –*highly or otherwise – by anyone apart from himself.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I'd take 2nd place at this point.

Me too!

Top 2.png

boik

I think as the other night at forest green showed I still don’t think we have enough strength in depth . Great to give youngsters a run out but not going to finish top four with them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leicester didn't have great strength in depth. As far as I remember, none of their key players were out with any long term injuries.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Ive been thinking it was not long ago we were arguing who are rivals were Orient or Gillingham? Then talk about finishing in top half of the Prem was another country so why not Champions League? I see only 2 teams that could turn us over on our good day, City and Liverpool, and the latter are playing like Palace atm.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I think theres every chance of getting a Euro spot but to do a Lester Piggot we need more quality in the squad. Selling our best players makes it near impossible. If we kept them and added a couple I would say yes we can repeat Lesters achievements.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If another team does a Leicester it likely won't be done the same way. Leicester (a) had four of the best talents of the last two decades all reaching those heights at the same time - Schmeichel, Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, and (b) all the main competition had managerial turmoil, culminating in City undermining Pellegrini when they were the favourites by announcing Guardiola was coming in the summer, cue City collapse.

That doesn't mean it can't happen again, but I believe the most likely way now is an incredibly competitive league of good teams where everybody takes points off each other, allowing the title to be in reach of a non-traditional club on a great run with previously unheralded talent. Squint and you could imagine it this season with the way some of the early games have played out, but it's almost impossible to see City dropping too many points.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Leicester have a history of winning things. Big big difference.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ive been thinking it was not long ago we were arguing who are rivals were Orient or Gillingham?.

Er, I don’t think so. That’s absolute revisionist history at worst. Bull s*** at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here