Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Jim Gannon had said Yes?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
All purely hypothetical of course,but I wonder where we would be if Jim Gannon had said yes to us....2nd division maybe,near top or middle of this division,perhaps possibly where we are now....how many more Stockport players would we have!!?
Personally,I was disappointed he didn't come,but Russell did an incredible job to keep us up and I reckon it will come good unless we are still struggling by mid October, then I don't reckon he would be given any more time.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Same position, I may be wrong but I honestly feel until we have a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, no matter who we get in we will be where we are now.

*again, I may be wrong on this but is my opinion*

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I reckon we would have got relegated. We needed a motivator and Gannon didn't seem that sort of manager.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I wonder where we would be if Jim Gannon had said yes to us....2nd division maybe,near top or middle of this division...
It doesn't matter if he had the team on top of Nelson's Column, there'd still be a chorus on here calling for his head and everyone from Dennis Wise to Morecambe & Wise demanded as his replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here