Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Elliot Bennett had stayed, would we have made the playoffs?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hard to say, without the money from his sale we may not have bought the players we did.

Exactly, we would have got automatic promotion!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I still pains me too much to think about the loss of Elliott, for such a pittance and how much better (even better) this season could have been with him in the squad. The Premiership? Yes it could have been a possibility with him. I always switch off any football programme when Norwich C*** are about to feature because I can't bear to see EB in the yellow/green, or see that BHA-raiding wanker Lambert being interviewed.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
If me granny had bollocks she'd be me grandad.

But to answer the question - yes, I think we would have been a bit higher. Would have been great to see Elliot's balls probing for CMS. As it were.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I have been saying all season we are missing him very badly at least his ability to have a poke from distance something we have lacked all season most of our players want to walk the ball in the net on a lead!

I think though had he been there all season Vincente may have been the thing we were lacking again willing to have a go from anywhere on the pitch can take on and beat entire teams, at this level, on his own and win. We have a premiership level player he was just not available enough and I hope he is now fit, stays fit and most importantly, stays with us.

As to Bennett I think they got him cheap but we could not keep him he wanted to test himself at the highest level and I also think for him the carrot crunchers are the right outfit. I wish him all the best and hope he does very well was a pleasure we had him in our team for a while and now a pleasure seeing him blossom elsewhere.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bennett was replaced by Vicente or Buckley. Not sure what Barnes has to do with it...

Personally, I miss Benno. But he's not the "missing link".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here