If Brighton & Hove local elections were this week - Please cast your vote...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would vote for...

• Conservative

Votes: 54 38.6%
  • Green

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 41 29.3%
  • Liberal

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Hi everyone, I've promised a friend who works in a local political party (I wont say which one) that I would run a survey that gives an impression of the Brighton & Hove publics opinion on local politics at present.

Who needs door steps when you have NSC!

I don't need people to make comments, I'm just looking to document the general opinion on who people would vote for if there were local elections again this week.

For the purpose of voting, assume Brighton & Hove was all one singular ward.

Who would you vote for?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Locally I would vote Labour. I have always believed that at local level the Labour party do a reasonable job, keeping a good eye on the local infastructure; schools, health, dwellings for low income famillies. Not saying they are perfect but at local level they do promote younger people with some good ideas. On a National Level they void of ideas and lacking any positive new direction. alot to do with their leadership I'm afraid...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Tora Tora Tora!!! I mean, tory..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Locally I would vote Labour. I have always believed that at local level the Labour party do a reasonable job, keeping a good eye on the local infastructure; schools, health, dwellings for low income famillies. Not saying they are perfect but at local level they do promote younger people with some good ideas. On a National Level they void of ideas and lacking any positive new direction. alot to do with their leadership I'm afraid...

I understand that but having a labour council and a tory government do not go hand in hand very well. Surely anybody would be better than the Greens.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Voting for me is like following a football team,why change the habit of a lifetime

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be frank I'd happily have either Labour or the Tories over the Greens. I've voted Tory on your poll though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Voting for me is like following a football team,why change the habit of a lifetime

So you're suggesting that you would vote for a single party forever regardless of their policies ? How intelligent !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you're suggesting that you would vote for a single party forever regardless of their policies ? How intelligent !

Yes-It's the thought behind the thought that counts,mutton dressed as Lamb is still mutton.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Normally i am labour thou and thou but my problem is i don't see Ed miliband as a leader, so voting labour in a local election would give out the wrong signals.
just cant vote for those bloody toffs, so UKIP.

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Local tories seem to be a weird lot. But saying that, so are the labour lot.....

Nationally, would be Labour. I don't like Ed Miliband, he's not a leader. I can't stand Ed Balls, however I'd rather he be the Chancellor of the Exchequer than George 'I have no f***ing clue about economics' Osborne.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Ehh.
I usually vote Lib Dem but I don't know. They don't appear to have followed through very well when given some real influence. I won't vote Tory either, they're still disgustingly homophobic amongst other things. Labour are shambles right now, so I'm not sure I could vote for them either. Green don't run where I live so I haven't really looked into them.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Ehh.
I usually vote Lib Dem but I don't know. They don't appear to have followed through very well when given some real influence. I won't vote Tory either, they're still disgustingly homophobic amongst other things. Labour are shambles right now, so I'm not sure I could vote for them either. Green don't run where I live so I haven't really looked into them.

Out of interest how are the tories homophobic, i'm not being argumentative, just dont know the answer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can't really narrow it down beyond "not Greens"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports