Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Brighton and Hove Albion had never existed.Who do you think you would have supported?

spurs maybe crawley now,followed haywards heath when they beat seaford in the two legged charity cup final many years ago i think it was 9-1 on aggregate to the heath also brian powney was watching the game at crouch gardens. Liked seaford as i lived in sherwood road for nine years before moving to the heath in 1965. Watched spurs arsenal and the scum in the past years and aldershot a couple times i do have many palace mates.:ffsparr:

I think you would have watched palace tbf:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Before being able to go to Brighton away games used to go to Woodside Rd to watch Worthing with Reg Bowles The Bloom brothers at inside forward. M y first division favourites and have been since then was Spurs.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Palace probably. We lived in Haywards Heath when my dad first took me to a football match, so if The Albion hadn't have existed, although he was a Barnsley supporter, he would most likely have taken me there as it is the next closest.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That would be tuff having lived in Aldershot, I think they may have come close but ultimately I think Charlton due to their past struggles and the ethos of the club is very similar to ours and it helps they hate Palace too.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm not too sure really, if there was no Brighton-based league team then I'd likely end up supporting whoever my family followed, which is also anyone's guess as they're all Albion...

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Spent 30 yrs in and around Ipswich, used to watch them a fair bit, so definitely them.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Assuming there was no Brighton based team, I would have likely ended up an armchair fan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I lived a couple of miles from Charlton and watched most of their home games so probably them or Spurs who were winning everything at the time.
Instead I came down to Brighton for the summer holidays at my nan's and watched Albion's first home game that season. The rest as they say is a lifelong dedication :albion:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was born in Birmingham, and brought up a Blues fan in the days of Bob and Dave Latchford, Trevor Hockey, Phil Summerill, and then Kenny Burns and of course Trevor Francis.

I think Freddie Goodwin was the Manager.

We moved South in 1972, and I would be taken by my father to any London games where they would be playing.

I got taken along to The Albion for Brian Clough's first game in charge, and loved it - I guess being able to go to games every week with my school friends meant I was hooked.

So if BHA never existed, I guess I would still follow Birmingham City.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Brighton Boys was the stepping stone to pro football for well, Brighton boys. So whatever local team took BB's on trial. Brighton FC or maybe Hove Albion?

i was born in birmingham, and brought up a blues fan in the days of bob and dave latchford, trevor hockey, phil summerill, and then kenny burns and of course trevor francis.

I think freddie goodwin was the manager.

We moved south in 1972, and i would be taken by my father to any london games where they would be playing.

i got taken along to the albion for brian clough's first game in charge, and loved it - i guess being able to go to games every week with my school friends meant i was hooked.

So if bha never existed, i guess i would still follow birmingham city.

0-0 york city???

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Fathers job meant he had to move every 2/3 years. So my first game he took me to watch was at Gillingham, then we moved up North and it was the Busby Babes, then back south to Southampton. Our last move as a kid was to Brighton, where I was old enough to stay when he moved on again. I have been an Albion fan now for 58 years.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I seriously considered this during the war years, if Archer and his co-horts had killed us, I think, after a period of mourning, I would have gone to Charlton as I have always had a soft spot for them

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Whichever team was located in Brighton, it's impossible that a city this size would not have a team of some sort so I'd have supported whoever was here in our place. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here