Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a match is abandoned mid-game...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ipswich are being generous with a 50% discount , most clubs have a clause in the ground regulations saying that there are no refunds once the game has kicked off or more than 10 minutes played.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You'd think a club like Ipswich would have more class than that. I agree with Sinister - pisspoor sums it up.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Ipswich are being generous with a 50% discount , most clubs have a clause in the ground regulations saying that there are no refunds once the game has kicked off or more than 10 minutes played.

My understanding, (unless the rules have changed?) if the game was abandoned before half time, you were entitled to a full refund? If during the second half, then its at the clubs discretion.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am sure most people would take free in for replay or money back if you can't make it. Wonder what we would her done or does undersoil stop this as they seemed to have hot air covers..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just playing devils advocate, as I would probably expect a full refund personally, but once the game kicks off - in fact possibly an hour or so beforehand, all the clubs expenses are the same as a match that goes full distance.
In this day and age, with ticket prices now a major consideration on family budgets, clubs really need to be taking out insurance for situations like this and making sure their fans are not the ones out of pocket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I guess it's like clauses they have for cricket games, if you see a certain number of overs you are no longer entitled to a refund. The major difference being that cricket games don't get replayed unless they are knockout matches so the club don't get chance to recoup the money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In this day and age, with ticket prices now a major consideration on family budgets, clubs really need to be taking out insurance for situations like this and making sure their fans are not the ones out of pocket.

100% correct. Ipswich are BANG out of order on this. Very poor indeed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

If that's possible then they certainly should do it and give 100% refund/new ticket

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
And they still got more coverage than us on the Football league show!

Was thinking exactly the same! They showed a good 5 mins of their 37 mins compared to some 6 incidents in our game. Ridiculous!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If Ipswich win the re-arranged fixture, they should only get one-and-a-half points.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So...what if you're a season ticket holder? Do you still have to pay again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here