Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
They not only walk amongst us - now they are proud to sing and shout in our faces on the train, on the concourse, wherever.

What a time to be alive (although not for much longer, if there are more like this).

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Let me get this straight.

You’re proud that you’re travelling amongst possible vulnerable people with the potential of infecting them with covid?

Let me get this straight, you’re advocating for people to have a vaccine passport just to use a train?

Vulnerable people who, I will assume, have had the vaccine.

But, your point stands, you could infect them with many different viruses.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let me get this straight, you’re advocating for people to have a vaccine passport just to use a train?

Vulnerable people who, I will assume, have had the vaccine.

But, your point stands, you could infect them with many different viruses.

No, but I am surprised someone would be proud they’re refusing to take a vaccine and even goading other people here about it.

I suppose you think Covid is a hoax?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No, but I am surprised someone would be proud they’re refusing to take a vaccine and even goading other people here about it.

I suppose you think Covid is a hoax?

No, sir.

There’s no pride in this. I think you’ll find I was goaded first, I said I wanted to give up my season ticket, it was greeted by a mod saying it made her day better or something.

I just think it’s bizarre how they expect you to have a vaccine passport to get into the ground, but then not enforce it on trains. I’m talking about the government obviously, not the club.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No, sir.

There’s no pride in this. I think you’ll find I was goaded first, I said I wanted to give up my season ticket, it was greeted by a mod saying it made her day better or something.

I just think it’s bizarre how they expect you to have a vaccine passport to get into the ground, but then not enforce it on trains. I’m talking about the government obviously, not the club.

Fair enough. I get antagonised when I see someone goading another for having a vaccine. If I misinterpreted I apologise.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Fair enough. I get antagonised when I see someone goading another for having a vaccine. If I misinterpreted I apologise.

You may have, I’m just saying that I think it’s silly to make people use the passport to get into the ground, knowing fully well that a whole load of unvaccinated people could just be on the train anyway. To that’s not really stopping any thing. Do we know the chance of spread from asymptomatic people? I’m not advocating for symptomatic people to go anywhere, same as before Covid came about. We’ve always potentially been carrying viruses that ‘could’ kill someone, especially flu.

Vaccine away, that’s up to them, I just can’t stand the presumption that everyone who isn’t vaccinated has Covid. I think for a good % of the population it would be a good idea to have it, not for someone of my age or younger though because there are risks, just like with any vaccines.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You may have, I’m just saying that I think it’s silly to make people use the passport to get into the ground, knowing fully well that a whole load of unvaccinated people could just be on the train anyway. To that’s not really stopping any thing. Do we know the chance of spread from asymptomatic people? I’m not advocating for symptomatic people to go anywhere, same as before Covid came about. We’ve always potentially been carrying viruses that ‘could’ kill someone, especially flu.

Vaccine away, that’s up to them, I just can’t stand the presumption that everyone who isn’t vaccinated has Covid. I think for a good % of the population it would be a good idea to have it, not for someone of my age or younger though because there are risks, just like with any vaccines.

But the club don't run the trains, they can't legislate for how people use them. You might as well say the club should take no precautions because there will be some morons who have symptoms but will go about their daily lives because they don't care.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
No, sir.

The vast majority of people riding the train will be double jabbed. The others will have had a negative LFT in the last 48 hours. Anyone else not attending the game will be quite a small number.

Effectively the clubs policy does stretch to transport but it’s just not in their control.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Do you need a vaccine passport to watch Brighton at Burnley? Do you need to do a LFT? Do you need to show ID? Do you need a smart phone? Do you have to wear a mask?

If the answer to the above questions is no, does this make the supporters going irresponsible?

This is what seems to be applied to anyone that has any issues with the measures being brought in at the Amex.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Do you need a vaccine passport to watch Brighton at Burnley? Do you need to do a LFT? Do you need to show ID? Do you need a smart phone? Do you have to wear a mask?

If the answer to the above questions is no, does this make the supporters going irresponsible?

This is what seems to be applied to anyone that has any issues with the measures being brought in at the Amex.

Interestingly you need ID at Burnley but no vaccine passport and face masks advised but not enforced

Covid 19 info for home and visiting supporters
In line with Government guidance, we welcome supporters to follow Covid-19 health guidleines to help prevent the spread of the virus. We encourage the wearing of a facemask and ask you to carefully consider your travel to the stadium. You are welcome to bring personal sanitisors with you - there will be extra sanitiser stations will be available on matchday.

In line with normal ticketing policy we would ask that all supporters bring some form of photo ID with them on matchday (drivers licence, work ID, student ID or blue badge).

As we write, there are currently no requirement to provide a proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test to gain entry to this match.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/tickets-burnley-v-brighton

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Interestingly you need ID at Burnley but no vaccine passport and face masks advised but not enforced

Covid 19 info for home and visiting supporters
In line with Government guidance, we welcome supporters to follow Covid-19 health guidleines to help prevent the spread of the virus. We encourage the wearing of a facemask and ask you to carefully consider your travel to the stadium. You are welcome to bring personal sanitisors with you - there will be extra sanitiser stations will be available on matchday.

In line with normal ticketing policy we would ask that all supporters bring some form of photo ID with them on matchday (drivers licence, work ID, student ID or blue badge).

As we write, there are currently no requirement to provide a proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test to gain entry to this match.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/tickets-burnley-v-brighton

Interesting too that they clarify types of photo ID

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I think you’ve got it wrong.

I don’t think vaccinated people reduce spread at a big event. What it means is that if there is a spread of the virus happens at a big event - there is less chance of people being seriously ill from it.

Having too many unvaccinated people at a big event means you increase the risk of severe illness arising from attending the event.

Vaccinated people can spread the virus. There seems to be an assumption the vaccine passport is about spread. I don’t think it is, if we’re getting back to normal it’s reducing the risk of severe illness.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Personally would of preferred everyone to do a negative test and act how you like when in the ground if was an option v masks and current contradictions .

Just seems so over the top with the masks but can’t be surprised we are the ones being so cautious . When you look at that Burnley rules , that’s all you need .

Frustrating as not worn a mask for weeks but now it become compulsory again .

Softie fans , softie club

Be interesting to see how it’s enforced .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The vast majority of people riding the train will be double jabbed. The others will have had a negative LFT in the last 48 hours. Anyone else not attending the game will be quite a small number.

Effectively the clubs policy does stretch to transport but it’s just not in their control.

The transport to the ground IMHO is the greater risk, enclosed space no ventilation. Indeed very few on these trains not attending the game

BHA setting the gold standard in how to do things as usual

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The transport to the ground IMHO is the greater risk, enclosed space no ventilation. Indeed very few on these trains not attending the game

BHA setting the gold standard in how to do things as usual

Not been on the tube lately then

Fully back to pre Covid levels ( due to lack of trains ) , more and more maskless

Cases and stats falling still

Yes it’s a greater risk but if in perspective it isn’t really anything to stress about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here