Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Id rather go down than have Pards in charge!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Honestly, I hate the guy that much.

If it was a choice between him and White till the end of the season, I'd go for White to take us down in style!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would definitely prefer Pardew than going down. I reckon he's the sort of manager who one hates when he's managing someone else but love when he's managing you. At least he shows passion which is what we need over the next few weeks if we want to stay up

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Why do people hate him so much. Ok, he played for Palace. BUt, he has a really good record as manager. Although it does seem he can be a bit stropy and has little media skills. DO a wiki on him.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
For me it was the Tony Rougiier (spelling ?) loan that turned be against him.

He was on loan donw here from Reading when the "wanker" was manager there, and at the time he was doing well for us and the "wanker" recalled him urgently as he needed cover due to injury,
And subsequently then never even put him on the bench never mind play him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Still seen no real arguement against him. Quality manager that gets results at this level

Whats the prob ?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Honestly, I hate the guy that much.

If it was a choice between him and White till the end of the season, I'd go for White to take us down in style!

Oh yeah your right. Go down or have manager who needs to prove himself and who is capable of taking teams up, keeping them in the prem and gets them to the FA Cup final........:shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There's no question he's a dick, but I'd take zombie Hitler as manager if he'd keep us up, which he would, cause he gave a good speech.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I hate him because he is a c***, plain and simple.

Numerous behind the scenes goings on at West Ham, ruined Charlton too and was always having a go at us when Reading boss.

Add into that, his dreadful dancing on the touchline boss and his overall horrible smarm, and there is no way Id want him ever in the Albion dugout...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nobody yet has mentioned his part in the taking of Steve Coppell from us to manage the club he was leaving (Reading) Coppell for me was our best manager since Mullery.

never have liked him even before that but hey if they make him manager then he will get my support (GRUDGINGLY)

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surely a better choice than Dave Bassett? I'd rather have Mike Bassett than 'Harry'.

Now that would be an awful appointment. The only possible reason for getting him in would be to tide us over until the end of season (and hopefully keep us up) when we would then appoint someone else on a full-time basis who has agreed to join us at the end of the season but not now as it is not the right time to leave his club...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The personality thing may be an issue: he was hardly polite about us when he managed Reading, while the Palace connection will bite with some people...but surely the most important thing is that he's failed quite badly in his last two jobs, at West Ham and Charlton. What effect has that had on him? The last thing we need right now is someone who's tainted by very recent and notable failures.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The personality thing may be an issue: he was hardly polite about us when he managed Reading, while the Palace connection will bite with some people...but surely the most important thing is that he's failed quite badly in his last two jobs, at West Ham and Charlton. What effect has that had on him? The last thing we need right now is someone who's tainted by very recent and notable failures.

See your signiture. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here