Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic songs that YOU think are crap

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Hate anything and everything from ...

Blur (Gorillaz ... can't stand Albarn) ... U2 ... Simple Minds ... Simon and Garfunkel ... AC/DC ... Guns N' Roses ... Black Sabbath (got dragged along to a gig late 70's ish)

I could go on ... but it's getting late :yawn:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My Way
Good Vibrations
Let it Be
The Long and Winding Road

..... and, of course, Sweet Caroline

(and an honourable mention for I'm Not in Love which was cited earlier in this thread)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My wife has insisted we watch an evening of Queen on BBC 4, of course I am now angry :smile:

It was what inspired this thread but I didn’t post Bohemian Rhapsody, I left it to someone else as I was certain it would get a mention soon enough

I walked past a group of emo/goth type teenagers the other day. Among the piercings, multi-coloured hair, tattoos and left leaning political badges, there was a bleedin' Queen t-shirt. I can't for the life of me understand how history has been rewritten about that awful bunch of plodding, money grubbing, selfish scumbags. I wanted to walk up to the wearer and ask whether they knew that they were advertising a group of men who took the apartheid dollar, giving succor to literal fascists, whilst having the arrogance to claim that refusing a big sack of cash and abiding by the international cultural boycott was too political for the likes of them.

Freddie Mercury has also somehow become a LGBTQ+ icon despite never offering a scintilla of support whilst he was alive, the self absorbed, narcissistic, tory dullard. I just can't fathom it. Had they been around today, the same kids who are walking about in their t-shirts would be having a social media feeding frenzy that would make JK Rowling's look like a gob in a tsunami.

They were better than Duran Duran though. I quite liked 'Somebody To Love.'

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely this calls for some sort of competition, possibly two, along the lines of the WHC. There should really be a list of iconic songs because half the posts on here are not about iconic songs at all!!

One competition for the most hated iconic song.
One competition for the most liked iconic song.

Somebody's got to compile the list though and therein lies the problem!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hey Jude

Take a bad song and make it longer.

Imagine

"Imagine there's no countries..."

Clearly John Lennon never had to plan a major international sporting event.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I used to quite like U2 until I saw them live at Wembley on the Zoo TV and had to stand alongside their fans.

Hated them ever since.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I walked past a group of emo/goth type teenagers the other day. Among the piercings, multi-coloured hair, tattoos and left leaning political badges, there was a bleedin' Queen t-shirt. I can't for the life of me understand how history has been rewritten about that awful bunch of plodding, money grubbing, selfish scumbags. I wanted to walk up to the wearer and ask whether they knew that they were advertising a group of men who took the apartheid dollar, giving succor to literal fascists, whilst having the arrogance to claim that refusing a big sack of cash and abiding by the international cultural boycott was too political for the likes of them.

Freddie Mercury has also somehow become a LGBTQ+ icon despite never offering a scintilla of support whilst he was alive, the self absorbed, narcissistic, tory dullard. I just can't fathom it. Had they been around today, the same kids who are walking about in their t-shirts would be having a social media feeding frenzy that would make JK Rowling's look like a gob in a tsunami.

They were better than Duran Duran though. I quite liked 'Somebody To Love.'

Blimey! I am not a Queen fan but I do not feel anywhere near as strongly as you appear to!

I could have been whooshed here?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Way
Good Vibrations
Let it Be

(and an honourable mention for I'm Not in Love which was cited earlier in this thread)

I think there are now three McCartney songs mentioned on this thread, all of them are true to the thread title for me :thumbsup:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My Way
Good Vibrations
Let it Be

I'll give you 4 of those - not having Good Vibrations though (excitations)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here