Icelandic international linked

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Eliza Geirsdottir Newman

Well, that's quite lovely.

I have probably found more new music from your posts on nsc (particularly that I've liked) than from any other source! Keep doing what you do:thumbsup:

If you want quirky, beautiful Icelandic stuff, and upbeat scandi-pop sung by beautiful, yet slightly vulnerable Swedish girls (and who doesn't?) then [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] is very much your man. Don't just look for his posts here though. Follow his blog. Something new (almost) every day :thumbsup:

In case you've signatures turned off, it's here; http://de-minimis-music.blogspot.com/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My contribution. 20 years old or more, and still my favourite Icelandic album.

Bjork and friends do Icelandic jazz...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Another bit of Icelandic trivia - the country is one of the world's major exporters of bananas!
(they use the hot volcanic thermal water to heat massive greenhouses growing tropical fruit!).

The 23 hours of daylight at this time of year is weird too; me and Mrs Peteinblack once left a pub in Reykjavik at mid-night, and the sun was still shining :mad:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another bit of Icelandic trivia - the country is one of the world's major exporters of bananas!
(they use the hot volcanic thermal water to heat massive greenhouses growing tropical fruit!).

The 23 hours of daylight at this time of year is weird too; me and Mrs Peteinblack once left a pub in Reykjavik at mid-night, and the sun was still shining :mad:

They do grow a lot of their own produce in the greenhouses. I'm pretty sure they don't export bananas though!

Similar to your pub tale, I was once taken out for a meal, then drinks by a customer, who then asked me at 10pm if I wanted to watch some football. I presumed he meant on telly, but no, it was a live game, kicking off at 10pm. Without floodlights.

On the flipside, I've been in January, working indoors in the middle of each day, and seen zero daylight in a week.

Would take some getting used to, that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very kind words but I can't take any credit for it. I just spend an inordinate amounts of time trawling music websites. But yes, I do have a very big thing for Scandi and esp. Icelandic music.

p.s. the blog address is also reachable at burrowsmusic.com

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are we still linked? Too much odd music to trawl through to find out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looks a good player. Competition looks a bit stiff tho'

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We don't know that we were ever in for him. I doubt we were if he's signed for Charlton...

I heard we were in for him and Odubajo but couldn't compete financially with Charlton or Brentford, which is a bit of a concern.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I heard we were in for him and Odubajo but couldn't compete financially with Charlton or Brentford, which is a bit of a concern.

Or, the more likely scenario, we were not willing to pay as much as others because we didn't rate them as much as those other clubs (whether that is right or wrong will only be proved right come the end of the season).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Let's be honest, we could compete financially if we wanted to. However, there is a difference between not being able to and not wanting to.

This is where a lot of fans are getting confused in my opinion.

If we wanted him and were happy paying that we would have, however clearly we thought he wasnt worth what Brentford were offering or we think we can do better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here