ICC WORLD T20 CUP ENGLAND v AFGHANISTAN SS1 14-30

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
England kick off their defence of the t20 world cup against minnows Afghanistan , Luke Wright is the only sussex player in the squad and could bat at 3 today .

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Afghanistan 1 Mohammad Shahzad (wk), 2 Nawroz Mangal (capt), 3 Karim Sadiq, 4 Asghar Stanikzai, 5 Mohammad Nabi, 6 Samiullah Shenwari, 7 Shafiqullah, 8 Gulbodin Naib, 9 Izatullah Dawlatzai, 10 Dawlat Zadran, 11 Shapoor Zadran

England 1 Craig Kieswetter (wk), 2 Alex Hales, 3 Luke Wright, 4 Eoin Morgan, 5 Jonny Bairstow, 6 Jos Buttler, 7 Samit Patel, 8 Stuart Broad (capt), 9 Graeme Swann, 10 Steven Finn, 11 Jade Dernbach

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I like that side, though I think we are missing a trick by not even having Bell in the squad.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Watch England just about scrape a victory.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why do they persist in playing him, Prior is a much better keeper and run scorer

Statistics show Kieswetter scores more runs in the one day game at international level. He does get out for 0 an awful lot though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder if this Zadran fella has got any English ancestors...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Statistics show Kieswetter scores more runs in the one day game at international level. He does get out for 0 an awful lot though.

He is very much hit and miss 6 out of the last 9 England matches he has 10 or less runs, not enough for an opener.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Statistics lie. Prior is world class in all forms of the game. Kieswetter is not, simple.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Having horrible memories of England v Netherlands at Lords, the only T20 international match I have attended.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is more like it.

Shapoor Zadran to Wright, SIX
Shapoor Zadran to Wright, FOUR
Shapoor Zadran to Hales, 1 run
Shapoor Zadran to Hales, FOUR, too full on leg stump this time, flicked on the 45 and the fielder on the edge of the circle can't quite get there, four more
Shapoor Zadran to Hales, FOUR, short and wide and drilled in front of point off the back foot, meaty swing of the bat from Hales
Shapoor Zadran to Hales, 4 byes, woof, that's leapt off the pitch, over Hales attempted pull shot, over the keeper's outstretched hand and away for byes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports