Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] IBF Heavyweight Title: Martin Vs Joshua

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Josh, you could of at least made it last 5 rounds. I would of made some money. Hey ho back to the golf. Come on Spieth.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What an utter bum Martin looked and an utter gift for AJ. Martin the worst quality world champ ever? The guy barely had any lateral movement whatsoever. Leads to a mega fight with Haye if Joshua fancies it but he'll be taking a couple of easy defences I expect.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not a big boxing fan so a question for the proper fans on here: With this chap and Tyson Fury and Eubank and others are we seeing a renaissance in British boxing success with some true talents?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm not a big boxing fan so a question for the proper fans on here: With this chap and Tyson Fury and Eubank and others are we seeing a renaissance in British boxing success with some true talents?

We currently have nine World Champions across the weights and lots of title prospects in the wings. I think boxing is in very good health in the UK.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Martin was woeful, but on tonight's performance Joshua could unite the division.

One or two title defences at most, then Wilder and/or winner of Fury v Klitschko.

With 16 KOs in 16 fights, he's in a hurry...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You predicted Joshua ? Wow . What are next weeks lottery numbers ? ;-)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What an utter bum Martin looked and an utter gift for AJ. Martin the worst quality world champ ever? The guy barely had any lateral movement whatsoever. Leads to a mega fight with Haye if Joshua fancies it but he'll be taking a couple of easy defences I expect.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all as far as Martin goes, but let's be honest here - to judge from your posts on every boxing thread that comes up on here, you hate Joshua so much that there is literally nothing he could possibly do or have done that would lead to you giving him any credit.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm not disagreeing with you at all as far as Martin goes, but let's be honest here - to judge from your posts on every boxing thread that comes up on here, you hate Joshua so much that there is literally nothing he could possibly do or have done that would lead to you giving him any credit.

To be fair, Martin was one of AJ's weakest opposition of his pro career, and that was for a title!
Have to agree with Dan that AJ will also take a couple of easier fights before a big one.

However, I do think Dan & Ern massively underrate AJ and overrate the 'GypsKing'...
AJ will take that fight in 12 months and will floor the fat idiot.

I love that Eddie Hearn has booked Wembley Stadium for AJ's next fight on July 9th!

Isn't there another heavyweight fight in Manchester that night? :bowdown:

People want to see a real champion, a likeable British boxer and he will fill seats.
I think the O2 was booked out in 90 seconds for last nights fight, so maybe some money was lost in not having a bigger venue?
Hope people aren't put off by the 5 minute fight and don't turn up to Wembley though. :lolol:

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
The heavyweight division is in a terrible state hence the fact someone like Martin could have been a champion and someone like Joshua can win a title after 16 fights.Sadly the days of Tyson,Bowe,Lewis,Holyfield etc are long gone.

I never understand how some people get so excited over a boxer before he's fought any credible opponents.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Like it or not AJ is the big ticket now in this country, he puts bums on seats and will make a lot of people including himself very rich. I'd like to see him in with someone who won't be bullied by him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here