Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway or Aidy Boothroyd please...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What do you mean, 'Forget Leicester'? He was absolutely dire there, and took a club out of the top two divisions for the first time in their history.

It's like saying 'Steve McClaren is a great manager. Forget England'.

Mandaric was the problem at leicester

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Holloway, Boothroyd, and for that matter Cotterill are all out of the same mould as Adams. Why get rid of Adams then?

How can you put 4 different individuals of different ages, of differing manergerial experiences and different styles of play in "the same mould" ?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I dont get the fascination with the self styled comedy manager, the man is a prize twat.What excactly is so special about his record that makes anybody rate him, if it wasn,t for getting qpr back in the championship he would be rated as distinctly average. We need an appointment that will inspire the players & fans & he's not it. If he did get the job there would be one less season ticket holder in august.

francisg1

Montone English
Jul 26, 2004
Cardiff
Boothroyd was commentating on 5 Live yesterday afternoon and mentioned a few times that he is keen to get back into work. After Watford he'd definitely consider a League One club I reckon.

Actually sounded desperate for an offer....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I dont get the fascination with the self styled comedy manager, the man is a prize twat.What excactly is so special about his record that makes anybody rate him, if it wasn,t for getting qpr back in the championship he would be rated as distinctly average

Exactly. He got QPR promoted- I think a full season after most people expected them to go up, maintained a fairly uneventful mid-table period at Plymouth, and failed to inspire Leicester to the extent that they got relegated.

Maybe SkySports and the BBC still like his David Brent-style kray-zee quips, but it's long since worn thin for the rest of us. If I want to watch an unfunny comedian, I'll book myself some tickets for Jim Davidson's next tour- as it is, I'd prefer a decent football manager, so I'll hold fire for now...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thank god we didn't get Holloway, he would have been RUBBISH.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Exactly. He got QPR promoted- I think a full season after most people expected them to go up, maintained a fairly uneventful mid-table period at Plymouth, and failed to inspire Leicester to the extent that they got relegated.

Maybe SkySports and the BBC still like his David Brent-style kray-zee quips, but it's long since worn thin for the rest of us. If I want to watch an unfunny comedian, I'll book myself some tickets for Jim Davidson's next tour- as it is, I'd prefer a decent football manager, so I'll hold fire for now...

This is the big oops!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here