Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder how Gus Poyet is feeling today ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet was the first Albion manager with the purse-strings loosened. Who's to say another manager couldn't have done just as well, as well as having the vision to keeping Murray on the payroll.

Lost all respect for the bloke earlydoors. Whenever we got a penalty at Withdean, muppet would make a big point of standing behind the dugout, mugging to the South Stand instead of watching the field of play and just maybe learning something. Shocking lack of prefessionalism. And guess what? He never ever got any more professional. It was always all about him. Bloke's a total wanker.

I know you didn't like him from the minute he signed, but really, picking him up on not watching penalties is a bit pathetic imo.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know you didn't like him from the minute he signed, but really, picking him up on not watching penalties is a bit pathetic imo.

I agree, all he was doing in looking the other way, is what most of us fans were doing. We really weren't very good at taking penalities at the time. If anything l think many of his antics in those days tendeared him to the fans, not riled them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A good article l think, and he comes across pretty well. He is right too, football is just a business to most players, he has no allegiances, so the decision to choose Norwich over Brighton, was just a business decision that he needed to make. Good luck to him.

Not sure, I think it's an awkward watch and he comes across as 'a bit gutted,but brushing it off because I'm talking to Norwich TV.'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No it isn't. It's his job to watch the game and, like I say, maybe learn something. And yes I do know he could always watch the post-match replays :bla:. But that's not the point really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No it isn't. It's his job to watch the game and, like I say, maybe learn something. And yes I do know he could always watch the post-match replays :bla:. But that's not the point really.

It was banter with the crowd because no matter who took the penalty, at the time, we missed. We still got promoted. Most of the South stand were laughing with him.
It is a very minor point to dislike him for. He signed in November, and you said he would be sacked by Boxing Day. He wasn't.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A shame really. With patience I am fairly sure that he could have got us to the Premier League too but he's a slave to his own ego.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A bit peeved apparently.....

Gus Poyet has cast doubt on his future as Shanghai Shenhua coach after they slipped to yet another defeat in the Chinese Super League on Wednesday.

With Carlos Tevez again absent from the forward line, the big-spending club slumped to a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Guizhou Zhicheng for their eighth defeat in 20 league games so far this season.

It left Shenhua 11th in the league and well adrift in the battle for places in next year's Asian Champions League, 12 points behind Tianjin Quanjian in the third qualifying spot.

'I don't know what to say now,' the Uruguayan said after the game.

'As coach I take responsibility for this match. I won't hide. I am proud of my job. However, I have reached my limit. I am not happy at all.

'Everything has its limit. I won't take responsibilities which are not mine. I don't want to say anything anymore because it won't be in my interests.

'I hope you won't ask more questions out of respect for me. Finally, I just want to say everyone has his limit.'

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Thoughts also go out to Calderwood, wonder what he was thinking sat in the pissing rain at Colchester yesterday watching Villa GRIND out a win in the coconut twix cup.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Learn something ? He spent his career playing at the top level in Uruguay, Spain and England, won the Copa Del Rey, the Cupwinners Cup (twice), the UEFA Super Cup, the FA Cup, and played 26 times for his country during which time he won the Copa America.

Probably picked a fair bit up along the way there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here