Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I went in DICKS pre match on Friday - just for a couple . A few questions ........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
NTU to those of us who ply their trade in an office, simply means NOT TAKEN UP.

I have plyed my trade in an office for over 25 years, some in accounts but mostly in IT, renown for their TLAs [Three Letter Acronyms]
But never, in all my days, have I come across NTA

Nonetheless, you have broken the golden rule of using said TLA before explaining in full ..... epic fail

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Contactless is 0.3 seconds quicker than handing over cash and waiting for your change
'
I'd say quicker than that. Especially if you give the numpty behind the bar a £20 note and the odd 20 pence for £15.20 worth of goods after he has rung '£20 received' through the till watching the confused little look on their face as they try to work out what the f**k just happened to them

D

Deleted User X18H

I have plyed my trade in an office for over 25 years, some in accounts but mostly in IT, renown for their TLAs [Three Letter Acronyms]
But never, in all my days, have I come across NTA

Nonetheless, you have broken the golden rule of using said TLA before explaining in full ..... epic fail

I have never come across NTA either . NTU on the other hand .........

Or a little queer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I turned down 1901s for Friday. Everything's plastic in there EXCEPT the glasses (which is the point of the thread if you hadn't gathered).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
'
I'd say quicker than that. Especially if you give the numpty behind the bar a £20 note and the odd 20 pence for £15.20 worth of goods after he has rung '£20 received' through the till watching the confused little look on their face as they try to work out what the f**k just happened to them

I had exactly this experience on Friday. Upon having to pay £6.20 I handed over a tenner and said "I've got the £1.20".

The poor server looked at me, looked at my money, looked at the till, looked into the depths of her soul then gave me £3.80 change out of the till, followed by my original £1.20.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I went in DICKS pre match on Friday - just for a couple . A few questions ......

Speed up service HAHAHAHAHA

yea right! Increase net profit more like haha

The 'cash only' queues anywhere around the stadium have absolutely NOTHING to do with customer service

Cash is archaic, and the tiny minority (of tax dodgers) choose to utilise cash over fast, convenient, modern, electronic forms of payment, so how do cash only queues in any way facilitate an improvement in service?

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Contactless is 0.3 seconds quicker than handing over cash and waiting for your change

In that case i'll await the first of my banks to furnish me with one, currently they have each only given me a debit card, unless its a contactless one as well, how can you tell if they are contactless?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In that case i'll await the first of my banks to furnish me with one, currently they have each only given me a debit card, unless its a contactless one as well, how can you tell if they are contactless?

You can't touch them.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I went in DICKS pre match on Friday - just for a couple . A few questions ......

They have a symbol on them that looks like the wifi symbol on your phone when connected.

If you don't have one, don't wait for the bank to issue one, just ask them to.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454972303.658425.jpg

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They have a symbol on them that looks like the wifi symbol on your phone when connected.

If you don't have one, don't wait for the bank to issue one, just ask them to.

View attachment 72199

Yes a couple of them have that symbol on them, never noticed it before, will have to research how to use it, i guess it was documented in the paperwork you get when thy send them to you but never look at all that just shove them in the wallet !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here