Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I was right all along...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Potter is limited as a football manager. He coached some of our fantastic attacking players into shadows, incapable of scoring and with no cutting edge. He's now doing it at Chelsea much to everyone's amusement.

I pointed this out occasionally on here and got mixed feedback. I questioned if he was the right person to move us up the football food chain. RDZ has shown the Potter probably hit his ceiling with us.

I wonder if anyone realises I was right all along.
You're wrong. He knows what he's doing but needs time to implement his methods. What is f***ing fabulous though is that Chelsea fans are so entitled having got used to much better managers and results, they won't tolerate a merely half decent manager who needs time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
On a related note I had thought of starting a thread titled ‘Are we a better club than Potter is a manager?’.

By that I mean that Potter is a good / very good manager but we are an exceptionally well run club. Look at the players we provide managers for relatively small fees (Caicedo, Alexis, Mitoma etc).

Also who was the last manager to leave us and do better than us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On a related note I had thought of starting a thread titled ‘Are we a better club than Potter is a manager?’.

By that I mean that Potter is a good / very good manager but we are an exceptionally well run club. Look at the players we provide managers for relatively small fees (Caicedo, Alexis, Mitoma etc).

Also who was the last manager to leave us and do better than us?
Thanks for not starting another thread - pretty sure we currently have more threads about Chelsea , their manager or players on the first page than our own. 😎

Good point, there really isn’t many but we have had quite a big upwards trajectory. You could maybe say Oscar Garcia has had an OK career compared to where he left us in the Championship, but winning the league with RB Salzburg probably isn’t a big achievement as most other clubs / leagues, but he has always managed jobs in top leagues in each country at least. But he’s a bit of a nomad

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He needs time at Chelsea like he needed time here. Idiot fans won't afford him that time.

Maybe Chelsea will come in with a bid for Junior?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Potter is limited as a football manager. He coached some of our fantastic attacking players into shadows, incapable of scoring and with no cutting edge. He's now doing it at Chelsea much to everyone's amusement.

I pointed this out occasionally on here and got mixed feedback. I questioned if he was the right person to move us up the football food chain. RDZ has shown the Potter probably hit his ceiling with us.

Since you were outed as a WUM who loves nothing more than an NSC fishing trip, I'll take your being 'right' with a pinch of salt.

But well done and I hope it's made your Saturday night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Think he will get it right at Chelsea if given time as clearly not used to working with a multitude of very good players (on paper).

You weren't right but you are a nob

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And us!

(Edit: spotted that late)
Okay, but apart from losing to Newcastle, Manchester City, Arsenal, Albion and drawing with Brentford, what has Potter not done for Chelsea ?

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
He is also extremely limited in his post match comments which wound up a lot of Albion fans, myself included. He brought out the old Chestnut “ It is what it is” a good couple of times on his BBC interview. The guy doesn’t understand football fans, never has. Why people on here and the Argus used to arse lick this guy is beyond me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surprised the OP hasn't mentioned that Chelsea have now lost 3 games in a row for the first time since 2002.
All down to Potter or a reaction to the thumping defeat at the Amex.

Far too early for any definitive position on how successful Potter will be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to various football writers both Arsenal and Newcastle will spend huge sums in January.

Arsenal think it’ll seal their title, Newcastle top 4.

Citeh already have 25 top players.

Leaving imho just a single CL place for Manure, Chelsea and Spurs. Assuming FSG won’t spend at Liverpool.

Because of that I expect Boehly to spend vast sums, again.

A 1 in 3 chance of being at the top financial table next season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
According to various football writers both Arsenal and Newcastle will spend huge sums in January.

Arsenal think it’ll seal their title, Newcastle top 4.

Citeh already have 25 top players.

Leaving imho just a single CL place for Manure, Chelsea and Spurs. Assuming FSG won’t spend at Liverpool.

Because of that I expect Boehly to spend vast sums, again.

A 1 in 3 chance of being at the top financial table next season.
Unless they win the CL this season - or does that not guarantee teams a place (I honestly can't remember).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ultimately Chelsea's new owner is trying something different. Throwing tonnes of cash at it is too much of a gamble with so many rich clubs about.

He can't afford to do it the Abramovic way so needs to do something else. The plan is a good one and Potter is the right man for the job. But he will need time, and the fans will need patience.

Of course , the fans tantrums while they get used to this new reality is going to be fun.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ultimately Chelsea's new owner is trying something different. Throwing tonnes of cash at it is too much of a gamble with so many rich clubs about.

He can't afford to do it the Abramovic way so needs to do something else. The plan is a good one and Potter is the right man for the job. But he will need time, and the fans will need patience.

Of course , the fans tantrums while they get used to this new reality is going to be fun.
I do agree with you, but their £278m broke all records.

Boehly simply can afford to wait 2 or 3 years without up to £100m of annual CL income, my guess is he’ll have to blink first again and abandon any initial thoughts of setting in chain an Albion-esque patient plan.
BB330AF8-1015-4443-B9B3-93BD99DF15F0.png

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do agree with you, but their £278m broke all records.

Boehly simply can afford to wait 2 or 3 years without up to £100m of annual CL income, my guess is he’ll have to blink first again and abandon any initial thoughts of setting in chain an Albion-esque patient plan.
View attachment 153634
First flush to endear himself to the fans I reckon. Won't see spending like this again.

Certainly not without champions league money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

In your dreams, revisionist fanboy.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

No wondering if he’s a bit beige, having seen De Zerbi. But he’s just had about 13 games in 6.5 weeks. No time whatsoever to install his ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here