Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wanna go home chant

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Is it just me that finds it embarrassing? I heard the chant yesterday walking to the City ground. I cant see how Nottingham can be described as a shit hole, esp when the chant was sung right next to the Trent. Have the fans who ever sung it ever been to Brightons London Road?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
have to agree, in most cases, if i wanted to go home before the game had even started, i wouldn't have gone in the 1st place....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes, very embarrassing. Fair enough in Croydon or some other dump, but just sounds stupid somewhere like Nottingham

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is it just me that finds it embarrassing? I heard the chant yesterday walking to the City ground. I cant see how Nottingham can be described as a shit hole, esp when the chant was sung right next to the Trent. Have the fans who ever sung it ever been to Brightons London Road?

Only a small majority probably, ive seen loads on here saying it was alright and had a good time. Probably the same people who sung that sing "We pay your benefits" - probably.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

From a visiting football supporters view it was a shithole! Wouldn't let us in any of the pubs near the ground, stewards and OB were wankers, food was shite, so yeah, I couldn't wait to leave. However as city, Nottingham is lovely and vibrant. Is it not more of windup type song to get at the oppo fans?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I cringed when that started up, and wasn't the only one. Nottingham and Bristol are the two away days where I've really enjoyed the town/city, nice bars, lovely day, all by the river, and some twat starts that up. Birmingham? Yep. Croydon? Standard. Nottingham? Nope, found it rather lovely.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
in places like nottingham and cardiff i enjoyed visiting but when it comes to liverpool (which is quite nice in the new area that has been done up the shopping anfield is the shitty bit) and barnsley they really are shitholes and when barnsley started singing it in brighton i thought right brightons and shithole? then what barnsley

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i must admit, i do sing it virtually EVERY single day at work, (although obviously replacing the name of the town/city, with the name of the place i work)!

D

Deleted User X18H

I sing it when down London Road.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I heard the away fans singing it at the Amex recently. Can't say I took it seriously.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Do we ever take these chants seriously ? Its just banter between 2 sets of supporters having a good time. I found the people in Nottingham yesterday very friendly, the atmosphere was good around the ground, the weather was great, just a shame that we did not produce a solid performance to match it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another one I'm getting rather tired of is the

"duh duh duh duh...f***ing useless"

every time an effort goes off target. And I mean EVERY time, whether its skied into the stands or hits the post.

Every. Single. Time.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
some parts of nottingham are a shithole i have first hand experiance..the actual city and the people are on the whole really pretty decent.so i didnt join in with the chant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here