Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I vote change kit back to all blue like best period in 80s.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Promoted wearing "Stripes, stripes, blue and white" - 1957/58, 1971/72, 1976/77, 1978/79, 1986/87, 2000/01, 20001/02, 2003/04, 2010/11.

Having said that, I thought that the mid-1960s kit of royal blue shirts with white sleeves and Brighton and Hove crest looked classy. Shame about some of the football then!

Maybe the Nike "Derby" template?

BHA Derby Template.jpg

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
NO, I would like the Kit to have either white shorts or white socks as i think the kit is too blue as it is.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So you also didn't like any of the the kits of the 80s and 90s then where none of the kits had sublimation?

In fact only 7 of the last 25 home shirts have had sponsors logos/names dyed into the material.

I had to look up sublimation and still don't know what it is. Didn't seem to mention rubbish quality transfers though - trust that's what you were referring to?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't understand it...we're a team that wears blue and white stripes. Why change our proud heritage. It's almost as bad as red Bluebirds

I started watching the Albion with the all-blue kit with white sleeves of the late '60's and the Kit Napier/Brian Powney era, so I have a slightly different perception.

But the Cardiff situation is VERY different. It is the blue that is important for me. My brother told me years ago that one should never support a team wearing red, and I have stuck by it ever since.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I started watching the Albion with the all-blue kit with white sleeves of the late '60's and the Kit Napier/Brian Powney era, so I have a slightly different perception.

But the Cardiff situation is VERY different. It is the blue that is important for me. My brother told me years ago that one should never support a team wearing red, and I have stuck by it ever since.
What a coincidence you lived in Brighton then!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Don't think I would carry off those shorts today.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a coincidence you lived in Brighton then!

Worthing, actually. But it could well have been never support a team in red because of that, rather than the other way round. He is also a lifelong Chelsea supporter, having been born there in 1947, so that might have something to do with it as well.

And while he was born in Chelsea, that is not an indicator of poshness. My parents were running a shop in Brixton at the time (or Camberwell, or Sydenham -= not sure which because it was before I was born!)

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So I must be a bad person for agreeing with this. I've never really liked the stripes. I prefer the blue with white arms of the Alex Dawson era but also the blue with white pin stripes from the cup final was superb.

Admittedly the Bukta kit from the 70's was good but we can never seem to get the stripes right these days. The full blue back of this year is just horrendous.

All blue kit gets the nod from me.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Worthing, actually. But it could well have been never support a team in red because of that, rather than the other way round. He is also a lifelong Chelsea supporter, having been born there in 1947, so that might have something to do with it as well.

And while he was born in Chelsea, that is not an indicator of poshness. My parents were running a shop in Brixton at the time (or Camberwell, or Sydenham -= not sure which because it was before I was born!)
In terms of football, Worthing IS Brighton and furthermore it's a coincidence your brother was born in Chelsea. Poshness is irreverent.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Talking of local brewery's the club shop are selling the old Phoenix Brewery top from the early 80's in the club shop for £5. I got one just because it was a fiver

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Having said that, I thought that the mid-1960s kit of royal blue shirts with white sleeves and Brighton and Hove crest looked classy. Shame about some of the football then!
This, although I've never seen the kit being worn live it always looks nice in photos etc. I suspect it would be the only retro kit so far I would buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here