Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thought the banner was fanastic

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Well done Ipswich. I worried that we were going to have a repeat of the slightly flat atmosphere that we had against Millwall.

If anything worked in our favour when it came to getting all three sides of the ground going it was that inane pointless drivel on that banner.

It's almost worth clubbing together to buy a season ticket in the away end to do something ourselves to antagonise the Albion fans.

The old fella who sits next to me who is quiet and just watches the game was on his feet and screaming and shouting.

Marvellous stuff.

Thank you Ipswich. Important lesson - if you're going to say something controversial at a game do it when you are 3-0 up. Not at the start. Because you can and often do end up looking like an utter tool.

Most of the Ipswich fans I was talking to before the game seemed a really decent bunch and the away trip up there in that scorching hot October day was also a quality day out.

How the moronic minority can screw things up the majority!!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Well done Ipswich. I worried that we were going to have a repeat of the slightly flat atmosphere that we had against Millwall.

If anything worked in our favour when it came to getting all three sides of the ground going it was that inane pointless drivel on that banner.

It's almost worth clubbing together to buy a season ticket in the away end to do something ourselves to antagonise the Albion fans.

The old fella who sits next to me who is quiet and just watches the game was on his feet and screaming and shouting.

Marvellous stuff.

Thank you Ipswich. Important lesson - if you're going to say something controversial at a game do it when you are 3-0 up. Not at the start. Because you can and often do end up looking like an utter tool.

Most of the Ipswich fans I was talking to before the game seemed a really decent bunch and the away trip up there in that scorching hot October day was also a quality day out.

How the moronic minority can screw things up the majority!!!

and another thing. Don't do it at an away game where your team haven't turned up. otherwise revenge becomes a dish served piping hot with a choice of vegetables

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
People say it was made to look more foolish because they lost 3-0, but the scoreline doesn't affect what the banner was trying (very, very badly) to say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here