Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As a lot of us see this as disloyal, personally, if someone came along and offered me shedloads of money over and above my salary, a club that will win things and has a world wide support and global presence, I would also jump at it

Upsetting as it is!

You greedy (but upset) bas**** ! 😜😜

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Possibly, when he's made his pile of dough and wants some lurrrvvvv.

Whether we like it or not, making or trying to make a 'pile of dough' and then later wanting 'lurrrvvvv' is quite a common human trajectory.

I am still processing the sad events but I know that guilt and blame are entirely useless emotions, so let's move on without being judgemental. That and giving our team huge vocal encouragement when Chelsea come to the Amex.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Graham Potter - I've cooled down a bit but can't imagine ever giving him much of a warm welcome.

Bruno and Ben Roberts. Can't say it feels such a betrayal, even though I'm gutted they're gone. I'm sure Bruno gave everything he had to the club every day he was here and it seems he's put a hell of a lot into the community down the years with charity work and so on.

Roberts has a fantastic reputation and clearly has done a terrific job so deserves his chance.

I suppose if either had left individually at any time to advance their career, there'd have been far less opprobrium. It's the timing and effect of everyone going at once that's made it such an issue for me.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Graham Potter - I've cooled down a bit but can't imagine ever giving him much of a warm welcome.

Bruno and Ben Roberts. Can't say it feels such a betrayal, even though I'm gutted they're gone. I'm sure Bruno gave everything he had to the club every day he was here and it seems he's put a hell of a lot into the community down the years with charity work and so on.

Roberts has a fantastic reputation and clearly has done a terrific job so deserves his chance.

I suppose if either had left individually at any time to advance their career, there'd have been far less opprobrium. It's the timing and effect of everyone going at once that's made it such an issue for me.

Feeling about the same now. Although after seeing Potter go on about how fantastic Chelsea are made me want to stick pins in his eyes. (I know! what’s he supposed to say?) still vomit inducing though. He needs a history lesson on that club, they were a p!ss poor nothing club until the Russian oil money turned up. So still very much in the *uck him category.

Bruno and Ben feel their sentiments are a bit more genuine, so hope they do ok personally, even if Chelsea implode.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As a lot of us see this as disloyal, personally, if someone came along and offered me shedloads of money over and above my salary, a club that will win things and has a world wide support and global presence, I would also jump at it

Upsetting as it is!
I’ve been working contracts for good reliable people that have shown faith with me over the years and have also been offered bigger contracts from people whom I have no relationship with, I didn’t choose to chase the thirty pieces of silver. Different scenarios with the same principles.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ve been working contracts for good reliable people that have shown faith with me over the years and have also been offered bigger contracts from people whom I have no relationship with, I didn’t choose to chase the thirty pieces of silver. Different scenarios with the same principles.

Did any of them offer you £60m?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Did any of them offer you £60m?

I’m guessing the % increase might have been similar... or even if not, the point is valid.

How are you liking your new role here ... justifying GPs decision with every reply ? Surely it’s getting a little bit boring/repetitive even for you ?

How’s it going with the Chelsea fans? What’s your new username... seagullman ? I doubt you’ve been able to resist replying to those posts, you know the ones claiming Potter isn’t that great etc...

I can see you now, sitting in your basement with a three screen set up, feverishly refreshing two of them whilst the third plays a montage of various pics of Graham... that or you are actually an algorithm, and I’m utterly wasting my time even trying to extract some emotion.

It’s the latter I suspect.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m guessing the % increase might have been similar... or even if not, the point is valid.

How are you liking your new role here ... justifying GPs decision with every reply ? Surely it’s getting a little bit boring/repetitive even for you ?

How’s it going with the Chelsea fans? What’s your new username... seagullman ? I doubt you’ve been able to resist replying to those posts, you know the ones claiming Potter isn’t that great etc...

I can see you now, sitting in your basement with a three screen set up, feverishly refreshing two of them whilst the third plays a montage of various pics of Graham... that or you are actually an algorithm, and I’m utterly wasting my time even trying to extract some emotion.

It’s the latter I suspect.

My new role? I just keep going as always. Most people here - and all the sensible ones - seem to understand the decision from GP and the boys by now. Disappointing that they moved but most people would have.

Took a look at "The Shed End" today... seems very dead and boring. Made an account if I want to say something at some point.

I don't have a basement.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My new role? I just keep going as always. Most people here - and all the sensible ones - seem to understand the decision from GP and the boys by now. Disappointing that they moved but most people would have.

Took a look at "The Shed End" today... seems very dead and boring. Made an account if I want to say something at some point.

I don't have a basement.

I’m sure you will find something to say, it’ll prove too hard to resist... especially if they lose a couple of games. Good luck with them, I suspect they’ll prove even more ‘entitled’ than we are... can you believe it !?!

I agree his move can be explained entirely by the money, with a side salad of CL football etc.

Hey ho, them’s the breaks for a little club like us.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m sure you will find something to say, it’ll too hard to resist... especially if they lose a couple of games. Good luck with them, I suspect they’ll prove even more ‘entitled’ than we are... can you believe it !?!

I agree his move can be explained entirely by the money, with a side salad of CL football etc.

Hey ho, them’s the breaks for a little club like us.

Maybe, maybe not. Not tempted so far at least but who knows what will happen.

Yup, money and a chance to win titles and compete at the highest level. People want to be well-paid and work with the best... goes for many professions.

Indeed it is the brakes, unfortunately. Same as it always has been. No one really seems that interested in doing anything about it either.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I don't have a basement.
Careful in the Shed End you will be enrolled into Combat 18 before you can say Potter.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Interesting hearing Glen Murray and Dan Burn talk about Potter on BBC 5 Monday Night footie. They obv rate Potter v highly n credit him for making them more complete players. Potter and Billy Reid apparently nearly always around for training sessions, Bjorn did more work behind the scenes.

But it as team developed it was Bruno who was leading most training.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interesting hearing Glen Murray and Dan Burn talk about Potter on BBC 5 Monday Night footie. They obv rate Potter v highly n credit him for making them more complete players. Potter and Billy Reid apparently nearly always around for training sessions, Bjorn did more work behind the scenes.

Which would explain the transformation from good on the ball to total football as Bruno was given more and more responsibility. My feeling is he and Bjorn are the big losses. I suspect Bjorn spent most of his time researching opposition, working on things like overloads. If we'd kept those two and Roberts I really wouldn't be worried at all, as much as I'm grateful to Potter and Reid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62901280

'Huddersfield chief executive Dean Hoyle told BBC Radio Leeds in the summer that the club had always intended to make him head coach whenever Corberan left, and that Schofield had nearly taken another job in Europe at the end of last season.

"Danny had been offered a job on the continent and he wanted to take it. As disappointed as we are to have lost Carlos, and we are, thank goodness we kept hold of Danny because he was the succession plan and always had been."'

That went well, then...

:eek:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

From about 10 minutes in - really interesting insights into Potter from Glenn, Dan Burn, and Mark Chapman, Rory, Chris Sutton etc. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001c1c1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here