Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think I'm going to be sick

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16338426.stm

Gillingham winger Chris Whelpdale suffered an unusual injury in the 2-1 Boxing Day win at Crawley, as a tackle split open his scrotum.

The 22-year-old was given treatment to the wound, which occurred late on in a victory that extended the club's winning run to nine games.

"It's a horrific injury," boss Andy Hessenthaler told BBC Radio Kent.

"It's absolutely disgusting. He's going to be very sore, and I'm sure his wife won't be too happy either."

Hessenthaler confirmed that Whelpdale is now a doubt for Friday's game with Dagenham & Redbridge, along with defender Matt Fish, who limped off during Monday's victory.

Whelpdale joined Gills from Peterborough United in July 2011 following a successful loan spell, having made 143 appearances for the Posh.

Since completing a move to Priestfield he has scored four goals in 22 games.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
It's my understanding that the Crawley player did get the ball.

:whistle:

Seriously though, that's one of those injuries that makes your eyes water just hearing about it. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would it be inappropriate to say I thought it was only Santa who opened his sack at this time of year?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Seem to remember Perry Digweed receiving a similar injury at the Goldstone via a boot from a sliding tackle right in the nuts. Ended up going to hospital with balls the size of an elephants and his scrotum full of about a pint of blood. :eek:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Digweed's was life-threatening. A ruptured urethra.. and he lost a lot more than a pint of blood. Could have died without emergency treatment I seem to remember from a chat with the man himself a few seasons later.

What is it with football and bollock injuries at the moment though. Scott Dann's out for six weeks too with a ruptured testicle. Ouch.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
For a friend's birthday, I got taken along to Portsmouth vs Swindon. Swindon had three keepers out injured, so a young Steve Mildenhall made his debut. He got kicked in the nuts early in the first half, but carried on as there was no substitute. It later transpired that he needed stitches to his scrotum and one of his testicles. He played for 70 odd minutes with that condition. Brave man!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another Gillingham player has just tweeted a photo of the aforementioned torn nad :lolol:

Cross your legs, boys :clap:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325096500.647935.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325096500.647935.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 58

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Another Gillingham player has just tweeted a photo of the aforementioned torn nad :lolol:

Cross your legs, boys :clap:

Oh my word - his Bollox will be black and blue for weeks and he will be walking like the Cisco kid for a few days!!!

Loose clothing is the order of the day for gillingham's new Buster Gonad!!!!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Someone tried to foul me in a match once by jumping and trying tu karate kick me. I tried to protect myself by bringing my knee up and my hands in front of me. His bollocks landed on my knee. He was rushed to hospital with ruptured urethra and he was pissing blood and lots of it. His shorts turned from white very quickly. That was poetic justice. I was 15 and my old man tried to make me apoligise. I refused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here