Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think he's leaving this summer...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's destined for the stars and that's why he's in the conversation for all the big jobs. I am yet to see any serious press report that he is the number one choice (as Potter was for Chelsea) for any side yet.

Hansi Flick will be Barcelona manager next season so don't worry about that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
RDZ is nothing but honest, I don't think he's decided what will happen after the end of the season yet. He's got a contract, he's got a new contract waiting to be signed but I think he'll see what else he's offered and what the club will provide him with transfer wise before signing anything.

I don't blame him.

We're all fans of Brighton, we can't leave.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RDZ is nothing but honest, I don't think he's decided what will happen after the end of the season yet. He's got a contract, he's got a new contract waiting to be signed but I think he'll see what else he's offered and what the club will provide him with transfer wise before signing anything.

I don't blame him.

We are all Hotel California, prisoners of our own desire

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Well he's not going to Liverpool according to the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68368787 - and if this is all 'real', then Barcelona will probably pass too.
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 4.02.52 pm.png

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
That was a very normal press conference. He smiled more than he has in the last few months and was honest. Perhaps he will go, perhaps he won't, there was absolutely nothing in that to make me think he's off or unhappy. IMHO.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he really was leaving (to a massive club for some eye watering amount of ££) then why would the body language be negative etc ??
Thing about RDZ - you don't have to read the body language to get a sense of where he is. He just comes out and says it. So no need for the Sherlock Holmes stuff.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

I don't blame him.

I agree with all of that. So what is the point in endlessly speculating about it? We are in Europe FFS. I'd like to enjoy THIS season.

Longer term I remain convinced that there is an agenda to stop ANY upstart team from crashing the 'big' 6. They simply won't let the likes of Brighton get in and will do anything it takes to try to derail us.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I've heard a rumour De Zerbi is off to Bayern Munich in the summer and that he's already got Mitoma and March in the back of his van.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Am I living in some kind of parallel universe? He was asked if he would be here next season and he said, Yes, I have a contract. How did the OP get a thread that he is going out of that? Beyond me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Am I living in some kind of parallel universe? He was asked if he would be here next season and he said, Yes, I have a contract. How did the OP get a thread that he is going out of that? Beyond me.
Gut feelin innit

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He couldn't and wouldn't say it if he was leaving. He still has a contract, but only he (and his agent?) knows what's happening in the background and in the summer. I'm sure the clubs interested in him have already asked if he is interested.

Also, if he knew he was staying.. he could say it?

But yeah... like I said. I hope I'm wrong.
............... and then, of course, he might have just not made up his mind yet. :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

I don't blame him.

Unless it’s the 80th minute at the Amex (plus a further 9 minutes of added time)

Kidding! :lol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We do this every week - yet another thread pops up after a presser based on psychobabble, misinterpretation and false innuendo - How can these quotes below from this week’s presser translate to ‘I think he‘s leaving this summer’?

Interviewer asking if RDZ has some good news about injuries -
RDZ- “Yes, I am very, very happy”

Interviewer asking RDZ whether being linked to other jobs is a distraction
RDZ - “ No, I have only Brighton in my head and want to finish this season in the best way“

Interviewer asking what about after this summer
RDZ - “ I have a contract (until 2026) and my focus is on Brighton 100%”

Yes, it is highly likely RDZ will get offers in the summer - lot’s of top flight managers here and in Europe on the move - it’s highly likely 3 or 4 of our key players will also get offers too. RDZ is highly respected in a small pool of young talented managers in Europe - at some point he may want a champions league club and a larger club that can afford to build and maintain a deep enough squad to do that but nothing in the presser above relates to this or suggests that is imminent or this summer.

In the meantime, he seems genuinely excited about working with young players like Fati, Barco, Facu, Hinsh and older talent like Pedro and Gross and seems to understand that our targets this campaign in both the EPL and Europe are being impacted by an unusually excessive amount of injuries this season and not due either to the lack of talent in the team or his management abilities (which is a good thing for us to consider whether he stays or not).

We'll, I guess older is technically correct but João is just 22. Only a year older than Fati

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here