Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I saw Adam Virgo score against Man Utd today!

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
He came on for Yeovil at half time in a testimonial game versus a Man Utd XI when they were one nil down. Within five minutes they were 3-1 up with Virgs scoring a powerful header for the third. Yeovil won 3-2 in the end. Virgs looked like he was carrying extra weight but did ok apart from one awful moment when he was caught in possession and the forward had a clear run and shot on goal. John Sullivan also appeared in goal for Yeovil and did well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i thought sullivan had signed a new contract at millwall?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
i thought sullivan had signed a new contract at millwall?

Yeovil site saying 'ex Brighton and Millwall goalkeeper'

The one player that played all ninety minutes was keeper John Sullivan and he earned his corn with several fine saves, the best of which denied Robbie Brady with thirteen minutes.

The ex-Brighton and Millwall keeper was helpless seconds later when Brady unleashed a thumping strike into the corner of the net to make the score 3-2.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Millwall have registered him as a player again this season, maybe he's off on loan to Yeovil to get games?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Millwall have registered him as a player again this season, maybe he's off on loan to Yeovil to get games?

that will piss off the people who like to use his "playing for a better team than us" as evidence that we were wrong to let him go.

hope virgs gets a contract

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I heard earlier today that Yeovil were going to loan Mitch Walker from us for the season, Gus wanted him to go out and get experience whilst we had Brezovan here as undisputed #1, and Poke to cover. But the injury to Brez changed that. Probably a load of rubbish to be honest, but it was feasible I think.

I hope Sullivan does get a season long loan there, he needs to get out and be a #1 goalkeeper for a while. He's clearly got the potential there, I think it would be a brilliant move. Yeovil are actually putting a decent side together for this season I think, they could well be in the top half come the end of the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ben Roberts is their goalkeeping coach - probably the reason why there's a pattern in Yeovil looking at Brighton keepers

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Millwall have signed Steve Mildenhall from Southend recently, sending Sullivan further down the pecking order.....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Speaking of ex-Albion, I saw Adam Hinshelwood on his crutches at Wycombe today, very sad, but still turning up to support his former team-mates despite his career being over. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to speak to him. I did hear he is very keen on the coaching side, can only wish him all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here