Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I promise not to laugh, I promise not to....

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Well done Villa - it'll be nice to see a different team than the usual suspects in the Cup Final this year.

Do feel sorry for Steven Gerrard though - a fine player and an ambassador for his club. I find it rather pitiful the amount of spiteful malice directed at him on NSC - he's like Liverpool's own Calde, with the added plus of being a local boy. Wish we had a Steven Gerrard on OUR books!
No spite from me - just glad that the media won't be having their planned field day. It would have been dreadful if Liverpool had made the final as the media would have acted as if there had never been an FA Cup before this year and would have spouted crap along the lines of retiring the trophy along with Gerard. Pity for him he didn't jack it in last season as this season has seen a decline in his standards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done Villa - it'll be nice to see a different team than the usual suspects in the Cup Final this year.
Hull
Wigan
Stoke
Portsmouth
Everton
Portsmouth v Cardiff
West Ham

I think you're getting the FA cup final confused with the top of the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hull
Wigan
Stoke
Portsmouth
Everton
Portsmouth v Cardiff
West Ham

I think you're getting the FA cup final confused with the top of the Premier League.
Yeh, maybe you're right. I just seem to have memories of loads of finals involving two out of Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU in various combinations. Perhaps I've just been living too long ..............

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
This.

Having lived in Liverpool for 14 years, I have mixed feelings for good friends who will be disappointed. However, the media were cringeworthy in their coverage regarding Gerard.

Spot on. Look at how they just kind of glossed over the stamp on Herrera but crucified Costa for his on Can. The amount of brown-nosing for Gerrard has been sickening, it really has...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
This.

Having lived in Liverpool for 14 years, I have mixed feelings for good friends who will be disappointed. However, the media were cringeworthy in their coverage regarding Gerard.
Most of us loved his part in the Liverpool comeback against AC Milan the Champs Final but struggle to think of many stella England performances.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sherwood's done a fantastic job. Proper football.

Unfortunately the FA Cup is little more than a sideshow these days, granted Sherwood has done well to get them to the final, but survival in the Premier League is the all and be all, and if Villa can manage that this season, then yes maybe Sherwood was the man for the job.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tim Sherwood has admitted he was an Arsenal fan as a kid and his dad still goes to all Arsenal's home games.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not bothered whether or not Liverpool made the final but I cannot STAND Villa or their shithouse fans and their turd of a city so no laughing from me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not bothered whether or not Liverpool made the final but I cannot STAND Villa or their shithouse fans and their turd of a city so no laughing from me.

Always thought Villa were fairly inoffensive meself. Great stadium, decent fanbase. I wouldn't want to live in Birmingham, but there's plenty of other gruesome hovels up and down the country housing football clubs who I couldn't muster the energy to despise just because of it being located in a shithole.

I'd like Villa to go on and win it now, but that's only because of Piers Morgan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here