Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I miss Sussex

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I miss being able to go to the beach in the summer and sit there all night.

I miss all the brilliant traditional British boozers that you find in the most unexpected places.

I miss being able to walk across Hove Park to the game, watching some poor sod get his head kicked in playing rugby.

I miss sitting in the sunshine all day watching the cricket at Arundel, if only once a year.

I miss the view from the South Downs towards the sea.

:(

I wanna come home!!

G

I think we all miss walking across Hove Park to watch the game!

Anyway, things are never as good as you remember them but I hope you get home soon.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
You and me both mate!

But saying that, there are several things I see and do everyday which make life away from home more than bareable. :)

But roll on Christmas! Holiday time! :clap2:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hey.... i don't miss Sussex ( too crowded, too expensive), but i bloody miss the Goldstone, and Saturday lunchtimes in the Railway Bell/Eclipse, the North Stand, Hove Station after a good win waiting for a train home.

I miss Paul Clarke giving everthing at every game, I miss Mr Ward floating around the pitch then picking out the far corner of the net before their keeper even had the time to react.

I miss the banter with the South Stand ( terrace), I miss the ability for us in the North stand to outsing any ( and i mean any) visiting fans, however illustrious they were.

I miss 25k of us every week near enough, i miss the seagull special trains, I miss night games when you walked into the North Stand and the hairs stood up on your neck at the sights and sounds.

I miss it all................ sob, sob....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I missed it for 33 years and finally got back.

I am happy. :)

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
somerset said:

I miss night games when you walked into the North Stand and the hairs stood up on your neck at the sights and sounds.
[/B]
F**k me,you're right about that.A night match at Withdean just doesn't compare

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
somerset said:
Hey.... i don't miss Sussex ( too crowded, too expensive), but i bloody miss the Goldstone, and Saturday lunchtimes in the Railway Bell/Eclipse, the North Stand, Hove Station after a good win waiting for a train home.

I miss Paul Clarke giving everthing at every game, I miss Mr Ward floating around the pitch then picking out the far corner of the net before their keeper even had the time to react.

I miss the banter with the South Stand ( terrace), I miss the ability for us in the North stand to outsing any ( and i mean any) visiting fans, however illustrious they were.

I miss 25k of us every week near enough, i miss the seagull special trains, I miss night games when you walked into the North Stand and the hairs stood up on your neck at the sights and sounds.

I miss it all................ sob, sob....

I miss all those things. But I don't miss the town (city) of Brighton. the place is a fu*king toilet, full of queers and freeks that have moved out of London. I would never move back there!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I've lived away from Sussex since 1979, but whenever I go back it feels like "coming home".
Now I simply could not afford to move back and buy anything bigger than a kennel for the money I'd get for my 4 bed house here ....
Yep, I miss Sussex too

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I miss being able sit on the beach watching and listening to the waves, chucking pebbles in and generally being in a world of me own. Walking along the beach on a Sunday morning with Hangover.

I miss Sussex!!!

:(

I'm divided on this one. It would be nice for home games to be at home!

I don't miss living in Hove, not a lot going on there and too many bored teenagers smashing the place up. Brighton nightlife is far better than Southampton's, although everything is that bit more expensive.

I may only live about 65-70 miles away, but I couldn't afford to move back, property prices are crazy.

I reckon I have a fair balance as am always back for he footy and still reguarly see Brighton based mates. Not enough time spent away for too much nostalgia.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I miss Sussex, can't wait to get back.
I'm just living in London for the cash.
When I have enough I'll come back and get
loads of stick for buying a house with
London money, therefore pushing up prices
etc.... can't bloody win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here