Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I met Madejkski this afternoon

ASCOT SEAGULL

Oct 7, 2003
Ascot
As i had the day off and was so sick of the speculation that i decided to drive to Reading FC hoping to see Madejkski and SC having a cosy chat.I thought that the stripes would not be suitable attire so i wore my Brighton sweatshirt,just to prove a point if i had no success.
I waltzed into the atrium bar of the hotel got a pint and a cigar and listened to a very interesting chat between John Salako,Cyril Regis and some fat agent/manager it was all about Salakos next move,pardew,Martin o Neill,moving into TV etc.
After a couple of pints and a piss,on my return to the bar i saw madejksi and 2 others having lunch,after another half of dutch courage i went for it and decided to go for the polite approach but to catch him off guard.
I butted straight into the conversation and said "hello Mr Madejkski (and shook his hand) i am sorry to interupt your lunch but i want to know if you have signed Steve Coppell" He immediatly said " no we have not,we cannot get him"
I said that this is good news and he looked confused,i said that i support Brighton and that i would rather he found someone else taking into consideration the Pardew episode and with your money and set up that you could attract almost anybody.
Again he assured me that it is not SC and that"his lips are sealed until the position is filled"
I apologised again shook his hand and thanked him for his time.I then left with a silly grin on my face.
He could have told me to go away,he could have said no comment,he could have had me thrown out.But remember i caught him totally by surprise whilst chatting to others about business.
When i got home i saw that Reading have delayed the announcement until later in the week.
Maybe the discussions are being held by a member of his board but i would have thought that he would be right up to date on this.
Anyway i feel that i did my bit,and if SC had gone i would not have been so polite.
I am now trying to find where John Prescott drinks

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice one, good for you for doing it rather than do what nearly everyone else would do and just sit thinking what to say and then totally miss the chance!

If what he told you was true, then that's bloody good news and fair play to the man for being honest with you....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He could also be a very quick on his feet thinker and his defence mechanism kicked in telling him to tell you what you wanted to hear as a Brighton fan so's you didn't twat him
laughcont.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If anyone actually believes that load of old tosh Ascot, then fair play to you.

Madejski has remained very tight-lipped throughout all of this. He is getting a fair amount of criticism from Reading fans and the local papers over the amount of time its taking him to announce a new boss, but despite this, has so far not gone into ANY detail about what is casuing this long delay.

Then some bloke in a Brighton jumper walks up to him in the bar, interrupts his conversation and says "I want to know if you have signed Steve Coppell", and Madejski instantly replies "no we have not,we cannot get him".

Sorry - but that it absolute bollocks !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think Ascot is a big f***ing faker
laughcont.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here's a quote from Madejski in Readings local rag today:

Madejski defended the time scale it is taking to appoint a new boss. He said: “It’s not a question of whether things have gone on too long. I have always said we will not rush a decision. We want to get the right result for Reading. All the speculation is dangerous".

“I will not comment on speculation as it can give false dawns. If Brighton want to say anything that’s up to them, but I can only deal with truths. We hope to name someone this week – whoever it is.”

But of course, he then spills the beans to some clown in a bar.
Yeah, right.

Last edited:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
ascot can you please find out where saddam drinks and ask him if he has any weapons of mass destruction.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
As you lot seem to be fascinated by post counts how many posts has ASCOT SEAGULL made?

Just in case he posts more from when I post this, its 1. Ascot first registered this afternoon.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
To far fetched for my likeing. I've worked next to Reading's football ground and it's like a morge. You cant get anyone there on match days let alone midweek.

Billy bunter if you ask me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here