Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I love Sean Dyche.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There, l thought that thread title might bring a response.

Just for clarity though, l don't "love him", just admire him really, and think that he is far more than just a one trick pony.

Many, understandbly, seem to think his tactics negative, one dimensional, physical, total reliance on the long ball, and yes at present l suppose they are.

Much of that though is determined by Burnley's small transfer budget, and the players he currently has in his squad. At a different club though, with less pressure to survive, more money at his disposal etc. l feel things could be totally different and we might well see a totally different, more easy on the eye Sean Dyche.

One thing that can't be argued though, is that he has achieved, and is continuing to achieve a minor miracle at Turf Moor, in keeping Burnley in the Premier League for seven successive seasons should they survive again this time around.

Sorry but l just admire the guy, seems like a very down to earth chap away from the spotlight too.

scooter1

How soon is now?
He came across as a lot of fun on an old Peter Crouch podcast.
As for his managerial skills, he knows how to get the best out of limited players. A few years ago, he tried to change the style of play and it wasn’t working. He then reverted back to their strengths and they survived another season.
Fair play to him, they’re ****ers to play against

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No problems with him. Suspect he'll leave Burnley in the not too distant future, will be interesting to see where ends up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pre match was like a Catholic confession round our pub table. Everyone said same, we all quite like and certainly admire his achievements.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think he and Chris Hughton are similar in many ways, both capable of playing swashbuckling football when able to but when playing the minnow capable of playing it tight and being pragmatic

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Never thought I would ever see the line

"Easy on the eye Sean Dyche "

Congratulations to the OP

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never thought I would ever see the line

"Easy on the eye Sean Dyche "

Congratulations to the OP

The Burnley that beat the Albion 3-0 last week were particularly easy on the eye l thought, up for the game from the very start they quickly got our measure with a high press and denying us any space to play.

Played a lot of attacking football too, scoring two good goals in the process. I particularly liked Wout Weghorst, an absolute snip for a striker at £12m from Wolfsburg. He will go on to score a lot of goals l think.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Burnley that beat the Albion 3-0 last week were particularly easy on the eye l thought, up for the game from the very start they quickly got our measure with a high press and denying us any space to play.

Played a lot of attacking football too, scoring two good goals in the process. I particularly liked Wout Weghorst, an absolute snip for a striker at £12m from Wolfsburg. He will go on to score a lot of goals l think.

My post was a tongue in cheek comment about Sean Dyche himself being " easy on the eye "

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apparently according to Dychey one of the reasons they lost at the weekend was the players losing concentration due to it being warm …LOOOOOOL ..NSC would have been in meltdown if GP said it
Ps I still gave a grudging respect for ol gravel voice

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Apparently according to Dychey one of the reasons they lost at the weekend was the players losing concentration due to it being warm …LOOOOOOL ..NSC would have been in meltdown if GP said it

Dyche not only gave joey ******** Barton a job, he also defended his stamp on Kayal. For that he can **** right off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He should have been on NSC at 2pm Saturday, Burnley were going to win at least 5 of their remaining 9 games!! :lolol:

There, l thought that thread title might bring a response.

Just for clarity though, l don't "love him", just admire him really, and think that he is far more than just a one trick pony.

Many, understandbly, seem to think his tactics negative, one dimensional, physical, total reliance on the long ball, and yes at present l suppose they are.

Much of that though is determined by Burnley's small transfer budget, and the players he currently has in his squad. At a different club though, with less pressure to survive, more money at his disposal etc. l feel things could be totally different and we might well see a totally different, more easy on the eye Sean Dyche.

One thing that can't be argued though, is that he has achieved, and is continuing to achieve a minor miracle at Turf Moor, in keeping Burnley in the Premier League for seven successive seasons should they survive again this time around.

Sorry but l just admire the guy, seems like a very down to earth chap away from the spotlight too.

Me too.

Theres an excellent piece with him visiting Harlequins Rugby training camp as one of their players and one of my mates, James Chisholm, looks like him at times.

It's really funny and he comes across very well.

I think he's a great manager even though it's boring football at times and he does come across well away from the media.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Random thread bounce. Last night I played golf with Sean Dyche’s son who is a pro footballer at Northampton. Great bloke. Proper chip off the old block. Me and him were one down with two left and managed to halve the match (if anyone cares).

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Random thread bounce. Last night I played golf with Sean Dyche’s son who is a pro footballer at Northampton. Great bloke. Proper chip off the old block. Me and him were one down with two left and managed to halve the match (if anyone cares).
Did he go down clutching his head when the other team took a putt?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Does that mean he's a junior dalek ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've admired him ever since 2014 for professional way he had Burnley up for playing in that draw at Reading when we beat Forest, even though they were already promoted and couldn't finish any higher than second. I switched over after Leo's goal and Reading had certainly got the message that we'd scored and they needed a winner, but the Burnley players weren't having it and defended as if the result really mattered to them.

We could've looked really silly celebrating Leo's winner if Reading had scored in injury time. As it was they didn't, and Reading fans looked world-beatingly silly by invading the pitch on the basis of a rumour that our game has finished 2-2.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've admired him ever since 2014 for professional way he had Burnley up for playing in that draw at Reading when we beat Forest, even though they were already promoted and couldn't finish any higher than second. I switched over after Leo's goal and Reading had certainly got the message that we'd scored and they needed a winner, but the Burnley players weren't having it and defended as if the result really mattered to them.

We could've looked really silly celebrating Leo's winner if Reading had scored in injury time. As it was they didn't, and Reading fans looked world-beatingly silly by invading the pitch on the basis of a rumour that our game has finished 2-2.

Poor from NSC, it shouldn't take as long as it has for someone to post this FFS:

[yt]i49-WpW1Ey0[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here