[Albion] I love being an albion supporter because............

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
…..there are so many reasons.

But chiefly at the moment, we’re living through ‘peak Albion’. Whisper it, but with only two ‘free hit’ fixtures left this year away to Man Utd & Chelsea where we are likely to get sod all, we could start 2022 inside the top six.

We’re having some of the happiest days after having some of the worst with an empty Amex, game after game.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not that I had a choice, but for me it's the unbelievable ride we've been on since I started watching them in the sixties. I make it nine promotions, seven relegations, several last-day escapes, an FA Cup final, three home grounds, one squat, any number of marches, petitions, open-top bus rides ... It's been a privilege. All the ups and downs leading to this point make it all the sweeter. Best of all, can fans of Manchester United or Arsenal look around their grounds and say 'This is only here because we fought for it'?

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
…..there are so many reasons.

But chiefly at the moment, we’re living through ‘peak Albion’. Whisper it, but with only two ‘free hit’ fixtures left this year away to Man Utd & Chelsea where we are likely to get sod all, we could start 2022 inside the top six.

We’re having some of the happiest days after having some of the worst with an empty Amex, game after game.

I make that one "free hit" fixture. :lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You can take the boy out of Brighton, but you cannot take Brighton out of the boy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The reason why I'm around here and cheering for Brighton in every single game was, initially, done to just one man. But even after "the Bolton Xavi" Dale Stephens moved to Burnley, I've felt that there is so many great characters in the club, and a painful history to make it the perfect underdog, so I've not managed to let go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Albion story is ridiculous, it always has been.

Finishing 2nd from bottom of the very bottom league two seasons in a row was ridiculous.

But then moving to some athletic track with temporary stands and absolutely no money, which then turns out to be the most successful period in the the history of the club (4 trophies in 12 years) is absolutely ridiculous.

Then only a few years later than that, we're now 7th in The Premier League with a team full of internationals. When taking into account the above... you just couldn't make it up.

Does any other club have a story that compares? What a rollercoaster ride the last 25 years has been.

Swansea and Burnley almost went out of the league, then ended up in the EPL. Burnley is certainly a bit of a fairy story, but the lead characters there are almost all ugly sisters.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
As a young boy watching my first match almost 60 years ago, the thought of us playing in the top division was simply a dream. It came true for a short time 79-83 but now we belong there and this is the best Brighton team I’ve ever seen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best thing for me is we never conform to being a corporate pile of sh1te football wise, we strive to stand out from the crowd, create a different experience and be different be it pies, local beer, providing local beer for away fans etc.

This is what Brighton is through and through be it politics, art, life we live and breath an alternative option of life, leisure and football.

I hope we never move away from these values.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
People once mocked me for it. Now they look enviously at my smugness.

Ha! How true, doctor.

One of my favourite Bob Monkhouse gags goes:

“When I used to tell people I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed at me. Well, nobody’s laughing now.”

Similar in so many ways to my experience over the years of being asked which football team I support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports