Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I like Tom Hanks

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He looks laughable as Col. Tom Parker in the trailer for the new Elvis biopic. In fact the whole film looks pretty gash. And I LOVE Elvis.

But I rather enjoy a few of his films. He’s not a very raw get actor and I preferred him in his golf-ball days.

He gives largely enjoyable performances and I’ll watch one of his films if I’m in the mood and there’s one on telly. I did enjoy Captain Phillips. The scene at the end with the nurse was very well done.

Forest Gump can suck a fart though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He wasn’t totally on his own….let’s not forget Wilson…..although the script writers could have given it at least one line

I sometimes think Wilson drifted off on purpose because of Hanks beard. He’d stopped caring hadn’t he ?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't believe no one has mentioned The Burbs yet.
Love that movie.

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of his Oscar hunting movies, much prefer him in low budget comedies.
He has a far bigger reputation for his acting than I feel is warranted.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Can't believe no one has mentioned The Burbs yet.
Love that movie.

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of his Oscar hunting movies, much prefer him in low budget comedies.
He has a far bigger reputation for his acting than I feel is warranted.

The 'Burbs is one of my favourite films, love it, great fun.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Can I just throw this one in too - Joe Versus The Volcano - not regarded as a classic, but I really enjoyed it. It's also a film that never seems to be on DVD over here.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
9007BF5F-33E8-44A1-AA8B-6CFD59A5E5D1.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here