Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I just do not believe what i have just watched

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think watching that shite and winning 2-1 beats playing lovely football and losing. I would rather win ugly than lose pretty, personally. And lets be honest, it wasnt anti football. They played to their game plan, defend solidly and counter. And they did, and had two lovely finishes. They weren’t lucky, dodgy flukes. We got done.

This. All day long.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Fúcking hell - having just watched that as a neutral (albeit ever so slightly biased) I feel absolutely sick for you lot tonight. Absolutely unbelievable, and again perhaps one of those freak occurances made possible due to the fanless environment - I'm not sure many sides could withstand that kind of pressure in a typical derby atmosphere.

If it's any consolation, and I write this knowing full well that it isn't, I've seen enough of Brighton this season to be confident that you've got more than enough to stay clear of the drop this season, and I really think you'll kick-on next season under a more learned Graham Potter.

Chin up lads, get this one out of your system - better times ahead!

Getting serious deja vu from this post

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
that was like watching kathy bates slowly drowning pamela anderson in a bath full of jelly then removing her matching bra and panty set , putting it on and driving away in her ferrari.........talk about mugged .....for FECK SAKE.......!!!!!

FFS, I want to vent my anger over the result and you just made me chuckle.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
All available evidence points to the contrary. Well, not the exact contrary.

We've not really moved in either direction for what feels like an aeon.

Difficult to argue on the basis of our current league placing but we are a clinical finisher away from being a top side. We dominate most teams and play possession football with attacking intent. This result will hurt for a while but we need to keep thr faith

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's not coincidence, it's not bad luck, we're absolutely atrocious at scoring goals and it will cost us our place in this league if we don't sign a striker capable of scoring.
Maupay is shit, Connolly isn't any better, Welbeck is average, Zeqiri and tau aren't being played, it's hugely frustrating and we need to shift the deadwood in the next window.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's what being a Brighton fan is all about. Battering your rivals and then getting beaten in added time.

Always the same.

Hate the result but with lows like this, the highs will be worth it.

Onwards!

Talk us through the highs to come

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
At half time I was convinced it would be 1-0, after that second half, ive never ever witnessed such a smash'n'grab in decades of watching our epic fails.

They were utter shit, clinging on for dear life, its simply unacceptable, there's something seriously wrong, its not just bad luck.

The TV stat said it all, 2 games, 180 minutes, we had 45 attacks/shots on goal and scored 2, they had 4 attacks/shots and scored 3. They had 2 touches in opposition box tonight and scored 2.

For all the fancy pants football, its fruitless and gutless.

so much i could say but it's pointless , we can/have all just seen what the issues are ....in what world Llana comes on for McAllister ??

LLana should be doing the post match interview not potter .....he should be in the rooms giving Maupay electric shock treatment.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
nope.thumb.gif.d9b02e295bb7ff72206c90a5c2970b1f.gif

..... :shootself

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I’m really not surprised by this. Gifting a gilt-edged chance in the dying seconds has happened too often this season: United, Sheffield United, Wolves, Newport and now tonight. Might have even occurred against Spurs, can’t quite remember. Only difference is whether the opposition sticks it away: Benteke did.

The game absolutely typified Albion under GPot and why I was still on the fence, even after Liverpool. As others have mentioned, he takes a one size fits all approach and plays the exact same way against every single team in the league, which is why we have taken a pitiful amount of points from the teams around and below us. It’s ironically reminiscent of how we played under Poyet and was apt that he was there tonight.

Credit where credit’s due, I was actually pleasantly surprised with how proactive GP was with substitutions and this undoubtedly led us to play a heck of a lot better for the first half an hour of the second 45. Many people will blame our lack of signing a striker, but after 4 years, this striker is a mythical being for me. At the end of the day, if we don’t have enough money to buy a 15 goal a season striker, then we need to adapt the way we play football to the players we have and GP needs to find a more pragmatic way to get wins. Would we take a single one of Palace’s players (Zaha aside on skill, though obviously we wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole)? No. Yet they sit, yet again, 6 points and 3 places above us, having taken 8 points out of a possible 12 from us under GP.

Simply put, Hodgson’s so-called “anti-football”, with a team of players we wouldn’t switch for any of our own, consistently does better than ours. There thus must be a way, under GP or somebody else, for us to win more games and score more goals with the current players we already have.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think watching that shite and winning 2-1 beats playing lovely football and losing. I would rather win ugly than lose pretty, personally. And lets be honest, it wasnt anti football. They played to their game plan, defend solidly and counter. And they did, and had two lovely finishes. They weren’t lucky, dodgy flukes. We got done.

Funny because people said the exact opposite to that when hughton was manager.

I would rather lose like we just did than have to watch dire football for 90% of the season.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Just thank your lucky stars you don't have to travel back from the stadium now, or battered in the pub trying to hold it together.

We can all go to bed and hopefully tomorrow, with any luck, we won't give AF.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Funny because people said the exact opposite to that when hughton was manager.

I would rather lose like we just did than have to watch dire football for 90% of the season.

We didnt really win when hughton was manager either. That was boring football AND we lost. Poor in front of goal is the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here