[Football] I hope this lot are very wrong!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Amazing how many of them picked BHA, Newcastle and Sheffield to be relegated. Knobheads.

Based on no evidence at all (rather similar to their predictions, in fact), I assume they know very little beyond the usual top six, the clubs they individually support, and a few trendy foreign clubs. More likely to be able to name the starting XIs of Barcelona and Boca Juniors than Brighton or Sheffield United.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on no evidence at all (rather similar to their predictions, in fact), I assume they know very little beyond the usual top six, the clubs they individually support, and a few trendy foreign clubs. More likely to be able to name the starting XIs of Barcelona and Boca Juniors than Brighton or Sheffield United.

I'll hazard a guess many of us had Newcastle and Sheffield Utd as favourites to go down.
While granted we weren't all Spencey about, also being wary of our own predicament.

I had Sunday's Burnley Utd game on the wireless, I'd say for about 60% of the commentary I had no idea which team had the ball!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Predictions are difficult. But predicting Norwich to go down was not.

This lot could give Lawro a run for his money. Useless!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'll hazard a guess many of us had Newcastle and Sheffield Utd as favourites to go down.
While granted we weren't all Spencey about, also being wary of our own predicament.

I had Sunday's
Burnley Utd game on the wireless, I'd say for about 60% of the commentary I had no idea which team had the ball!

Burnley United had 100% possession if that helps.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think I would probably have had Sheff Utd to go down, and it's always easy with hindsight, but most of those predictions are truly embarrassing. Are those guys supposed to know something about football??!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are some SHOCKING predictions in there.

Clearly, the surprise package that have caught everybody out have been Sheffield Utd and that is forgiveable, but the comments about Potter and our squad were just ignorant. Every pundit bar one tipped us to go down and no other manager had more votes for first for the sack than Potter.

I can't believe so many of them thought Norwich would survive. They spent no money whatsover.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

I had Sunday's Burnley Utd game on the wireless, I'd say for about 60% of the commentary I had no idea which team had the ball!

For the last two seasons I got the 3 relegated teams spot on. This season I went for Norwich, Bournemouth, and Burnley. Close but no cigar, although I did think Sheff Utd would struggle but had them to survive as they seemed on a real crest of a wave at the end of last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the last two seasons I got the 3 relegated teams spot on. This season I went for Norwich, Bournemouth, and Burnley. Close but no cigar, although I did think Sheff Utd would struggle but had them to survive as they seemed on a real crest of a wave at the end of last season.

#AfterTimer.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Spectacular fail!

To be fair, not sure any of them pretended to be footall writers. A mention in dispatches for the Tottenham fan who was the only one not to get the top 2 correct. Otherwise, they got 4 right out of 96 :lolol:

Not a clue.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
This one caught my eye.

“19th – Brighton – Chris Hughton did NOTHING wrong. And Brighton will pay the price for not believing in him. The ultimate price. Relegation, shame and regret.“

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There are some SHOCKING predictions in there.

Clearly, the surprise package that have caught everybody out have been Sheffield Utd and that is forgiveable, but the comments about Potter and our squad were just ignorant. Every pundit bar one tipped us to go down and no other manager had more votes for first for the sack than Potter.

I can't believe so many of them thought Norwich would survive. They spent no money whatsover.

Ah, but Norwich played flowing football that trounced all-comers in the Championship. These pundits haven't realised that that rarely translates into PL survival.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This one caught my eye.

“19th – Brighton – Chris Hughton did NOTHING wrong. And Brighton will pay the price for not believing in him. The ultimate price. Relegation, shame and regret.“

Did John Barnes swing by to contribute this paragraph?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Every single contributer to the original site/article should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and nobody should put any weight in anything they publish ever again.

Out of curiosity here’s my original, even handed comment regards this article way back in 2019.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
That article is dreadful. Who tf is that guy?

Spelling and grammar all over the place before mentioning the god awful predictions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports