Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] I have a vote in the Tory leadership election....

How should I vote... if at all ?

• Just don't bother responding

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 'Spoil' the ballot paper in some way and send it in as a lame sort of protest

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Vote for Truss

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Vote for Sunak

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My gut feeling is that Truss is being pushed by the ERG, so she has two years to not only embarrass us but do some damage.
Sunak seems to be the lesser of the two evils.

I am a great believer in never wasting a vote although spoiling it would send a message but would Tory HQ even care?

Abstaining/Spoiling might be seen as a 'vote' for Johnson. Even worse than Truss being PM will be Johnson walking around saying "Well the party loved me! They couldn't bring themselves to vote for anyone else!"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
For refusing to cut short his foreign jolly? ???

Has been very critical of the liar in chief, tried to save the stabbed policeman outside the HOC while others ran away. The decision to withdrawal of the whip was transparently spiteful by Johnson.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For refusing to cut short his foreign jolly? ???

Harsh. He is Defence Committee Chair, and was in Moldova, who happen to be close neighbours of Ukraine.

In a statement, Ellwood said he had been unable to return because of travel issues. He said: “Following my meeting yesterday with the president of Moldova I was unable to secure return travel due to unprecedented disruption both here and in the UK.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...loses-tory-whip-after-missing-confidence-vote

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has been very critical of the liar in chief, tried to save the stabbed policeman outside the HOC while others ran away. The decision to withdrawal of the whip was transparently spiteful by Johnson.

Especially when 12 Tory MPs missed the vote as well but still have the whip.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Vote for who ever you like it makes no difference both are so damaged being in BJ’s cabinet that either will make the Tories unelectable

D

Deleted member 2719

and frankly I don't care which one gets in. Either will be a disaster / embarrassment... and if there is anything like a sensible alternative in the next General Election, I would seriously consider voting for them

I have these options:

1. Just don't bother responding

2. 'Spoil' the ballot paper in some way and send it in as a lame sort of protest

3. Vote for Truss

4. Vote for Sunak

5. Other - please specify

Please can you explain why you think this???

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What a shit couple of options - either one who is a Silver Spoon boy multi millionaire Eton educated and completely out of touch with the real working men/women on the street, or b) the female gaff ridden equivalent of Boris.

No thanks

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This is not the poll to have on NSC.
Sunak was very popular when he was giving out billions to save peoples jobs during covid

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
and frankly I don't care which one gets in. Either will be a disaster / embarrassment... and if there is anything like a sensible alternative in the next General Election, I would seriously consider voting for them

I have these options:

2. 'Spoil' the ballot paper in some way and send it in as a lame sort of protest

3. Vote for Truss

4. Vote for Sunak

5. Leave the Conservative Party!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not my problem.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a shit couple of options - either one who is a Silver Spoon boy multi millionaire Eton educated and completely out of touch with the real working men/women on the street, or b) the female gaff ridden equivalent of Boris.

No thanks

Sorry, but this is untrue. Sunak didn't attend Eton.

He was Head Boy at (£46k/year) Winchester College...

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It's like a choice of having a pineapple shoved up your backside leaf end first or with the leaves pointing out.

My general rule of thumb has been to support whoever the Mail has been trashing so that would be my advice to you, if you could bring yourself to read the Mail.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have these options:

3. Vote for Truss

4. Vote for Sunak

Truss. Why prolong the agony? GE meltdown, and 5 years to regroup, hopefully this time without abandoning all conservative values in the rush for a win, and putting a sober and sensible (dull) person in charge. If labour can manage it.....

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It’s a tough choice!

2CFAB89E-975B-4A1C-A1AB-601E0F228008.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here