Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] I have a vote in the Tory leadership election....

How should I vote... if at all ?

• Just don't bother responding

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 'Spoil' the ballot paper in some way and send it in as a lame sort of protest

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Vote for Truss

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Vote for Sunak

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least a billionaire can't be bribed by "donors". :shrug:

Billionaire 'donors' use their 'influence' (cash) to 'lobby' governments to make economic and policy decisions that are in their selfish interests (like for example, leaving the EU before its sweeping new tax evasion laws come in to force).

It isn't that they 'can't' bribe a billionaire Prime Minister - its more that they wouldn't need to - his own interests are well served by the course that they would want him to take, anyway. He's one of them, FFS.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You're a Tory. Vote for whoever promises to reduce your tax the most. That's how it works isn't it?

Or, look at it this way. Whoever wins will probably go after losing the election. Whoever loses will be in pole position to become the leader of the opposition / next PM in waiting. Vote for the one you least want that to be.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A billionaire or a moron, who is the more dangerous?

It's a tough call

Most billionaires won't destroy the economy. From Truss's comments (and life) so far i think that's a real risk with her

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
At least a billionaire can't be bribed by "donors". :shrug:

I mean, having a billionaire at the helm means he only serves the interests of the few, the super wealthy like himself, and the unfair re-distribribution of wealth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be embarrassed to ask this question at all if I were you Titanic. It's your party, and your mess. I'm past caring which utter tool people like you put into number ten, it won't be in our interests.

Still, at least we didn't get chaos with Ed Milliband, as this is so much better than that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Billionaire 'donors' use their 'influence' (cash) to 'lobby' governments to make economic and policy decisions that are in their selfish interests (like for example, leaving the EU before its sweeping new tax evasion laws come in to force).

It isn't that they 'can't' bribe a billionaire Prime Minister - its more that they wouldn't need to - his own interests are well served by the course that they would want him to take, anyway. He's one of them, FFS.
I was thinking more about Kremlin "donors".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I mean, having a billionaire at the helm means he only serves the interests of the few, the super wealthy like himself, and the unfair re-distribribution of wealth.
Yeah, but the Kremlin can't buy him via their financial spiderweb.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Most billionaires won't destroy the economy. From Truss's comments (and life) so far i think that's a real risk with her

I hate to be the one to break it, but if you're worried about destroying the economy you're about 2.5 years too late :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here