Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I have £160 John Lewis vouchers - what shall I buy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is nothing that I need to buy, but what should I want to buy?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A suit - to attend court to defend why you stole them. You thief.

Ok so you can use them in Waitrose. I used to use mine which I got as occasional bonus to buy my lottery and lunch! I once had £200 of them and yet I really couldn't find anything in JL I wanted or was prepared to pay the markup on..!
If you really don't need them I'm sure there's a dozen charity shops in Brighton who would gladly take a donation

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A decent tracker thread......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The last three things I bought when I had birthday money/vouchers burning a hole in my pocket were...

- Dualit toaster - always wanted the big 4-slice behemoth, but couldn't justify spending my own cash on it.
- Dualit kettle - "f***, the kettle doesn't match the new toaster - I need to sort that out".
- AirPods Pro - because cheap funny-branded bluetooth earphones always go wrong and don't sound very good.

In all three cases, I wouldn't have spent my own cash on them as they felt just a bit too extravagant, so they felt a real treat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is nothing that I need to buy, but what should I want to buy?
A old uni friend of mine bought me some John Lewis vouchers many years ago, and then sadly died. I ended up buying “something you want but don’t necessarily need, something you wouldn’t normally buy and something which will remind you of him” which was suggested by a friend.

I bought a champagne bucket on legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here