Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate ITV

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Their coverage is annoying. That commentator tonight, was it Clive Tydsley? So negative all the time until England scored then we were the best thing since sliced bread and then we were crap again, only for him to wrap up things with something like "England are on the march!!!"

Only good things were Venables and Pearce, but overall they are definite losers to the good old Beeb.

And finally, adverts :angry:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Where do they get there energy from

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well I guess tonight proved more justification to what I wrote in my rant/article on the subject.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
ITV is shit for football, although Clive is an Albion fan, I don't rate him as a good commentator

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Southgate, Vebables and PEarce make perfect sense, they know what they're talking about . . . . its not their job to be charismatic and celebrituous ( is that a word ?!!:eek: )

ITV is poor though!

E

enigma

BHA Jordan said:
ITV is shit for football, although Clive is an Albion fan, I don't rate him as a good commentator

What? He's a United fan, have you not heard him talk about that night in Barcelona.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Giraffe said:
Their coverage is annoying. That commentator tonight, was it Clive Tydsley? So negative all the time until England scored then we were the best thing since sliced bread and then we were crap again, only for him to wrap up things with something like "England are on the march!!!"

Only good things were Venables and Pearce, but overall they are definite losers to the good old Beeb.

totaly agree

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I know they have to put adverts on to earn money etc. but I think if they wan't to improve their coverage they should stop putting adverts on before other games are about to kick-off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Their picture is crap as well, thank god the rest of Englands games will be on BBC HD (I guess BBC have the rights for the next game and they will both have the rest (if there are any more))

Southgate knows as much about football as he knows how to take a penalty

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Giraffe said:

I thought the Honda one was good, it didn't have all those George Cross Emblems in it originally, did it?

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
enigma said:
What? He's a United fan, have you not heard him talk about that night in Barcelona.
Yeah, and if I remember rightly that game was on itv so he probably was the commentator that night, but I am 90% sure he is an Albion fan.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can stomach Tydsley, but Southgate was a joke last night, going off topic at every opportunity

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Why are people happy that our next match will be on BBC? That means we will have to endure 90 minutes of that twat Motson:censored:

But don't you get sound options to get rid of him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here