Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate football

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can't be bothered with non-league either. Lewes is a good laugh, but I don't care if they win or not. And it's rare that I can't find something more interesting to dos./QUOTE]

I went to watch Lewes in December with some friends, I can't even remember who they were playing, I think it was a draw.
It was my birthday though and the Harveys old was spot on at the Dripping Pan that day. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I love football but hate many aspects of the pro game / prem league...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As the years go by my interest is shrinking big time....Not sure if or when I'll go to another game.Rather do other things to be frank as the passion has gone and maybe for good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But I love the Albion. If I didn't, I'd be out of football for good.

Just watched David Luiz simulate having been head-butted by Costa. This is the same Luiz that professes to love God. Watch FIFA's corrupt hierarchy persist with the Qatar games. I watch people like Platini curry favour here and there to climb up the greasy pole. The FA charges BHA £90k for a financial irregularity, whilst racism gets half that fine. I watched a joker like Leon Best strutt around a pitch thinking he is God's gift to football on Tuesday (and get paid for it) whilst hard working people can't hope to earn annually what he earns in a month.

I really hate football. I have no respect for 99% of footballers (the Calde's out there are in a massive minority), and no respect for our governing bodies.

Depressing.

I do agree with you but how many times has Calderon thrown himself over in or near the box. Don't be blinded by your love and support. It's epidemic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I appreciate and understand a lot of the sentiment in this thread. What disappoints me is that I thought the Albion were a bit different to other clubs. I fully understand the economics of football and certainly prefer the AMEX to Withdean but I also feel there are ways and means to be successful. I do feel the club has lost it's way a little, it's soul has disappeared and there is currently a feeling it knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

With this is mind, and the 3000 plus 1901 tickets up for their first renewal in 12 months time, next season will be interesting in many ways.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I appreciate and understand a lot of the sentiment in this thread. What disappoints me is that I thought the Albion were a bit different to other clubs. I fully understand the economics of football and certainly prefer the AMEX to Withdean but I also feel there are ways and means to be successful. I do feel the club has lost it's way a little, it's soul has disappeared and there is currently a feeling it knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

With this is mind, and the 3000 plus 1901 tickets up for their first renewal in 12 months time, next season will be interesting in many ways.

You going to renew yours? Anyway I agree with alot of what has been said on this thread save the fact that swap our position with them up the road at the present and i'm certain many of the younglins on here might not be so out of love...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This has been an interesting (if somewhat depressing) thread. I thought I was the only one who felt like this but it seems to be a widely-held view. I've just renewed my season ticket but I wonder whether this will be for the last time - and I was a ST holder at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean.

I've long been out of love with football generally but I'm certainly less excited about the Albion these days too. What's even sadder is that I've just cancelled my son's season ticket as he's lost interest - when I was 10 I was totally thrilled by the game, so what's gone wrong?

I do think the long term future for the game isn't good: fewer young people watching, fewer opportunities to play the game (I think my son would be more interested if he had more than half an hour football a week), prices going higher ... it's not good

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I still feel a strong association with the Albion, but it's just everything else about professional football that I hate no respect for. I wonder how long it will take for this to chip away at my loyalty toward the Albion.

How you win matters. That's the mark of a sportsman I respect. Our players seem to have forgotten that.

Being more than a club matters. I hope that our administrators don't forget that. I hope they stop turning football into a marketing and money making machine before its paymasters - us, the fans - lose all interest.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I entirely understand and share much of the sentiment on this thread, but regard football - the game itself - as innocent of all these charges. It's not the game's fault, all this. I still love the game - I go to watch Barnet, I go to watch Dulwich Hamlet etc, and it's much more like it always used to be at that level - it's just all the other stuff that's been nailed to it that I can't stand. Thing is, I suspect a thread similar to this has appeared, or is increasingly appearing, on most clubs' chat sites in this country. However loyal we may be, however much we put these feelings to one side for our own club, there will be a tipping point at which even the loyal support gets sick of the foul taste in their mouths and begins to desert.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I still feel a strong association with the Albion, but it's just everything else about professional football that I hate no respect for. I wonder how long it will take for this to chip away at my loyalty toward the Albion.

My "loyalty" to The Albion has already started to be chipped away at. I haven't yet not gone to a game out of choice, but recently I have started to have thoughts along the lines of "can I be bothered to go today".

I have a funeral to go to on the day we play play Bournemouth, which is going to prevent me going to the game, and instead of being seriously p'eed off about it like I would have been in previous years, I'm all a bit meh, so I'll miss the game, so what.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'm oop north so no season ticket for me. Still watch the Albion when I can but often have better days out when I go non league these days. After suffering at Bloomfield Road and the Reebokcumwhatsit over the past 2 months, Marine v Stamford next Saturday sounds like a much more enticing prospect. And the endless Champions League on the telly? Just can't feel involved with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You going to renew yours? Anyway I agree with alot of what has been said on this thread save the fact that swap our position with them up the road at the present and i'm certain many of the younglins on here might not be so out of love...

Unless it's a ridiculously and prohibitively priced yes I will.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I entirely understand and share much of the sentiment on this thread, but regard football - the game itself - as innocent of all these charges. It's not the game's fault, all this. I still love the game - I go to watch Barnet, I go to watch Dulwich Hamlet etc, and it's much more like it always used to be at that level - it's just all the other stuff that's been nailed to it that I can't stand. Thing is, I suspect a thread similar to this has appeared, or is increasingly appearing, on most clubs' chat sites in this country. However loyal we may be, however much we put these feelings to one side for our own club, there will be a tipping point at which even the loyal support gets sick of the foul taste in their mouths and begins to desert.

Yes, this is a disappointing and depressing thread, and I am sure you are right in that the views expressed here are reflected up and down the country. I am sure that at some stage there will be a tipping point, and fans will start to desert in droves, thus forcing clubs to perhaps re-evaluate their priorities. TV now seems to control so much, and I now find that I rarely watch the whole of the match as there is just so much on now.

Might I, however, just buck the trend slightly on this thread? Whilst I do agree that clubs put greed before fans, I am not certain that this is any different to what has always happened, just that the scale of the finances involved makes it seem so. As an adoring teenager in the 60s, I can still recall thinking that the club does not really care that much about us fans, though cannot remember now what the trigger was for such thoughts. One incident does, however, stick in my mind -Albion's first ever match in the old First Division against Arsenal. There had been huge crowds the year before and with the interest in the match, it should have been all-ticket. But the club did not do so and thousands of fans spent hours outside in huge queues, which should not have been necessary. It also emerged that whilst we were outside, the players had been arguing over money and only signed contracts a few minutes before the game started. Not surprisingly, we lost 4-0. Greed and lack of regard for the fans is not a modern phenomenon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here